Quinlan is responsible for keeping track of all recovered technology, information and technical documentation in the Brotherhood of Steel. He regularly sends out research patrols to collect technology and knowledge from various pre-War sites throughout the the Commonwealth. Having an obsession with the Grognak the Barbarian comic book series, Quinlan often has his scribes collect rare editions for him out in the field. He has a pet cat called Emmett who is sitting by his terminal in his office on the Prydwen.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Airship Down: Quinlan will be among the forces defending the Airport against the Sole Survivor and the Institute.
- Getting Technical: Quinlan offers the Sole Survivor a mission to gather technical documents, each one worth 25 caps.
- Outside the Wire: While not appearing in the quest, Quinlan is the one decrypting the data after turned in to Proctor Ingram.
- Quinlan's clothes will not reset if pickpocketed out of his inventory unless you pickpocket his eyeglasses as well.
- Quinlan speaks with an English accent. He may have originated from another continent, similar to Allistair Tenpenny and Colin Moriarty.
- Unlike most of the Brotherhood, Quinlan will approve of the Minutemen taking down the Institute, praising the Sole Survivor's ingenuity in using non-Brotherhood "cannon fodder" to minimize their own casualties.
Proctor Quinlan appears only in Fallout 4.