| ||For other articles about water, see water.|
A can of water, which has been cleansed of radiation. It restores 40 health.
- Purified water is added to the workshop inventory when the settlement update timer activates every 24 in-game hours (72 real minutes, if the player doesn't accelerate the passage of in-game time by sleeping). Entering workshop mode at a settlement pauses the update timer for that settlement, while in-game time continues to pass, so the exact time of the update tends to shift at settlements that undergo construction.
- The settlement timer also controls when drinkable items are consumed from the workshop at the settlement, at a rate of 1 per human population. This consumption takes place before the purified water is deposited at some settlements, and after deposit at others. Drinkable items stored in containers other than the workshop will not be consumed.
- Purified water will not be added to the workshop if more than 5 drinkable items (including dirty water and alcoholic beverages) are present. This cap increases by 1 for every four population. Regular collection of excess purified water is therefore necessary to continue production.
- Purified water can be farmed as a greater source of caps, due to its unlimited supply.
Additionally purified water can be generated by using the "Fill Bottle" option when they are next to a water pump or water fountain and they have empty bottles in their inventory. The empty glass containers that can be used are all variants of empty bottles.
Dirty water (3)
Purified water (1)
Empty bottle (1)
Purified water (1)
Sold by vendors and found at loot.
- If the player character has Codsworth as a companion, he will give one daily if spoken to.
- 15 bottles in Vault 95.
- 12 inside the USS Constitution.
- Eight in Doctor Sun's house.
- Seven in Sheng Kawolski's house.
- Four cans may be found at the base of the Concord water tower, southwest of the Red Rocket truck stop.
- Four can be found at the water filtration caps stash located due east of Sanctuary Hills.
- Three cans can be found in Barney Rook's basement bunker in Salem.
- Two cans can be found inside the marked toilet in the Fort Strong armory bathroom.
- Two cans can be found inside the Castle armory after completing the quest Old Guns.
- Unlike the bottled water featured in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the water in Fallout 4 either comes in cans or cartons. This is most likely intended to reinforce the fact that plastic is an uncommon material, and is used in more specialized roles. This is because plastic is made of oil, which was in very short supply during the mid-21st century and prior to the Great War.
- There is a random encounter in which the Sole Survivor will encounter a water beggar and will have the option to give the beggar some purified water to ease their thirst.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
It is based on real cans of emergency drinking water bottled by the MacDonald and Bernier company located in Boston and issued by the federal government in 1953.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- ↑ http://www.terapeak.com/worth/1953-us-government-issued-canned-emergency-drinking-water-1-can/252303213114/
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.