Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For other articles about water, see water.|
A can of water, which has been cleansed of radiation. It restores 40 health.
- Purified water is produced at any populated settlements under the player's control that contains any functioning water resource: water pumps, powered water purifiers, powered industrial water purifiers, or (with the Wasteland Workshop DLC) powered electric water pumps.
- Purified water is added to the workshop inventory when the settlement update timer activates every 24 in-game hours (8 real minutes, if the player doesn't accelerate the passage of in-game time by sleeping). Entering workshop mode at a settlement pauses the update timer for that settlement, while in-game time continues to pass, so the exact time of the update tends to shift at settlements that undergo construction.
- The settlement timer also controls when drinkable items are consumed from the workshop at the settlement, at a rate of 1 per human population. This consumption takes place before the purified water is deposited at some settlements, and after deposit at others. Drinkable items stored in containers other than the workshop will not be consumed.
- Purified water will not be added to the workshop if more than 5 drinkable items (including dirty water and alcoholic beverages) are present. This cap increases by 1 for every four population. Regular collection of excess purified water is therefore necessary to continue production.
- Purified water can be farmed as a greater source of caps, due to its unlimited supply.
- Three cartons of dirty water at a cooking station.
- In Survival mode, empty bottles (beer, Gwinnett brand, vodka, rum, bourbon, whisky, liquor, milk, colored, Nuka-Cola, small and large baby bottles) in your inventory can be filled with purified water by using a water pump at a settlement.
- If the player character has Codsworth as a companion, he will give one daily if spoken to.
- On the bed and shelf in the root cellar.
- Four cans may be found at the base of the Concord water tower, southwest of the Red Rocket truck stop.
- Two cans can be found inside the marked toilet in the Fort Strong armory bathroom.
- Two cans can be found inside The Castle armory after completing the quest Old Guns.
- Three cans can be found in Barney Rook's basement bunker in Salem.
Unlike the bottled water featured in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the water in Fallout 4 either comes in cans or cartons. This is most likely intended to reinforce the fact that plastic is an uncommon material, and is used in more specialized roles. This is because plastic is made of oil, which was in very short supply during the mid-21st century and prior to the Great War.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
It is based on real cans of emergency drinking water bottled by the MacDonald and Bernier company located in Boston and issued by the federal government in 1953.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.