| || For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenades.|
For an overview of other electromagnetic pulse grenades, see Electromagnetic pulse grenades.
Pulse grenades are thrown EMP weapons. When they detonate, they emit a powerful electromagnetic burst which is only mildly harmful to organics, but can cripple anything with an electronic circuit. Thus, these high-tech grenades are "silver bullets" against robots, but worthless against anything else. If at all possible, the throw should be angled using a wall as a backstop in case of bouncing - the blast is large, but worth being put where one cannot miss.
Even though pulse grenades are near-useless against non-player character critters that all have EMP resistance, the player character critter is an exception. This means full damage from pulse grenades will be taken without any armor.
The final boss in Fallout, the Master, is classified as a robotic critter hence will take full damage from EMP grenades. Even if the player character has a low throwing accuracy, chances will be high that the grenade can still deal considerable splash damage because the Master sits at the very end of the hallway. Therefore, the EMP grenade is a preferred weapon for a non-combat oriented player character to defeat the Master in combat approach.
- The Hub Old Town, purchased from Jake at Jake's Weapons.
- Boneyard Fortress, purchased from Zack.
- Sometimes found on Nightkin at the Mariposa Military Base.
- In several lockers in West Tek Research Facility.
- cut Some would have been given by Michael during the cut quest Get Sophia some pulse grenades for Michael.
- Navarro, 2 in the Armory's left-most locker.
- Many are found in the Sierra Army Depot.
- May be found in the Toxic caves.