Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Side quest: Public Knowledge|
|Ask Daisy for work.|
|Get into the Boston Public Library|
|Kill all super mutants inside.|
|Return the book.|
|Talk to Daisy.|
|Reward: 400 XP|
Asking Daisy in Goodneighbor about work reveals that super mutants have taken over the Boston Public Library and she'll pay to have them cleared out. A series of speech checks can be passed to increase the reward from 200 up to 400 caps. She also requests the return of an Overdue book to one of the machines at the library.
There are two entrances to the library: an Advanced locked door on the west side of the building, or going through Copley Station. The library is filled with protectrons and turrets waging war against the invading super mutants. Regardless of which entrance is used, the robots will be hostile to the player as well, unless the player speaks to the intercom next to the door prior to entering and passes a speech check to convince it that they are an employee of the library. If this is done at the western door, it will unlock the door as well, meaning Copley Station can be completely avoided with one speech check.
Once inside, an announcement will broadcast saying that super mutants are coming in from the station and the robots will flock to fight them. Once the wave is cleared, then find one of the two book return machines to return the overdue book. After that, return to Daisy to complete the quest.
- If one has more overdue books (or find more inside the library), they can be turned in to the collection machine for 5 tokens each. The southwest terminal will propose a Massachusetts Surgical Journal in exchange for 50 tokens (i.e. 10 overdue books). There are 6 in the library:
- Three in the mechanical room, northwest corner of library, on the floor
- One in the women's restroom in a stall
- One in the main reading room on a shelf
- One in the secondary reading room on a desk
- Together with the book Daisy provides is a total of 7. To get the journal on the first trip, the player should have 3 additional overdue books already on hand.
- Strong likes the player asking for more pay on this quest (once only) and refusing it initially (can do both for two separate likes), but he hates accepting it at any point. Players looking to get the two likes with him while avoid the much larger disapproval hit will need to haggle and refuse the quest, then dismiss him out of Goodneighbor before accepting it in earnest.
- pc ps4 xboxone If the Sole Survivor returns Daisy's book into any book return terminal outside of the library the quest will keep on telling to return the book in a terminal inside the library even after clearing it of super mutants and the quest tells to return to Daisy. However, this will not affect the quest, as once the Sole Survivor returns to Daisy, the quest will be completed.[verified]
- pc If the Sole Survivor enters the library before starting Daisy's quest and cleans up the area, upon return there may be some super mutants present but even if you kill them all the quest doesn't have to update. Easy fix is to advance the quest using SetStage 0010b654 40.[verification overdue]
- xboxone The quest will not start after talking to Daisy. She says all the dialogue and even tells you to return her book, but no book is given and the quest is not given. [verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.