| ||For the psycho that appears in the Fallout series, see Psycho.|
Psycho appears as a form of injected drug composed of strange, unknown chemicals of military origin which comes with its own unique delivery system. It was designed at the orders of General Chase specifically for military use. It increased a soldier's damage resistance, and its dampening effect on higher brain functions made for tough—but uncontrollable-troops. This drug was very popular for human-wave assaults.
In the Operation: Anchorage add-on, the origins of the chem are explored in more detail. The American field doctor in the simulation can give the player psycho before combat, and a holodisk can be found that details the creation and use of the drug. It is also revealed that it can cause anger issues and other dangerous, long-lasting side effects.
- At least one dose can be found in Silver's house.
- Several doses can be found in the Super-Duper Mart.
- Frequently found in raider establishments.
- Sold by Doc Hoff, Cindy Cantelli, Ahzrukhal, Leo Stahl, and various other vendors.
- Three can be stolen from A Quick Fix in Rivet City.
- Four can be stolen from Cantelli's room in Rivet City.
- Found on the corpses of wastelanders and feral ghouls.
- Can be found on the corpses of Talon Company mercs and raiders.
- Sold by the wasteland junkie, along with jet, mentats and other addictive chems. (See Fallout 3 random encounters)
- Operation: Anchorage (add-on) Given by a field doctor during the simulation. Additionally, 2 doses are found in the Command HQ tent.
- Can be found on hunters.
- One can be found on the ground of Kaelyn's Bed & Breakfast.
Psycho is very common in the Capital Wasteland. There are around 60 in set locations in the game. Other than the in-set locations, if the My First Laboratory is currently brewing a new compound, the "random useful compound" will sometimes be Psycho. If patient, this allows for infinite Psycho, as well as other drugs, including Stimpaks even.