| ||For the weapon in Fallout 3, see Protectron's Gaze (Fallout 3).|
Protectron's Gaze is a unique laser gun used by the Mechanist. It bears the "rapid" legendary affix which boosts its fire rate by 25% and makes reloading 15% faster, and comes, among others, with a pistol grip and a beam splitter mod by default. The gun therefore mirrors its Fallout 3 counterpart in terms of handling like a laser shotgun, although the older model had a slower rate of fire than its regular version instead of a faster one.
- Laser gun, the standard variant.
- Old Faithful, a unique laser pistol with the Instigating effect, which does double damage if the target is at full health. It is sold by Arturo Rodriguez in Diamond City.
- Survivor's Special, a unique laser pistol with the Bloodied effect, which deals more damage the lower your health is. It is a potential reward for completing The Lost Patrol, or it can be stolen from Paladin Brandis before completing the quest.
- Good Intentions, a unique AER9 laser rifle with the Enraging effect which, on critical hits, causes targets to frenzy. It is carried by Clint.
- Prototype UP77 "Limitless Potential", a unique laser gun with the Never Ending effect, which gives the weapon unlimited ammo capacity and remove the need for reloading. It can be found in a hidden room in the University Credit Union.
- Righteous Authority, a unique AER9 laser rifle. With the Lucky effect, its critical hits do double damage and the critical meter fills 15% faster. It is given as a reward for completing Call to Arms.
- Wazer Wifle, a unique laser rifle with the Never Ending effect, which gives the weapon unlimited ammo capacity and remove the need for reloading. It is given as a reward for completing three unmarked quests for Shaun after finishing the main quest with any faction.
The weapon is carried as a personal weapon by the Mechanist, aka Isabel Cruz in The Mechanist's lair. It may be looted from her corpse if she is killed, or pickpocketed from her. Buying the weapon from her is also possible if she is given a better weapon and equips that instead.
- Protectron's Gaze is named after the weapon of the same name in Fallout 3, which is given to the Lone Wanderer by the Mechanist.
- pc ps4 xboxone Protectron's Gaze may not appear on the Mechanist's body when killed.[verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.