| || For the weapon in Fallout 4's DLC Automatron, see Protectron's Gaze (Fallout 4).|
For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
Protectron's Gaze is a mini laser shotgun which fires a fairly tight spread of five laser beams while expending only one energy cell. This makes it similar to the Metal Blaster, a laser shotgun which can be obtained in The Pitt add-on by turning in 50 steel ingots to Everett.
It has a slightly slower rate of fire and a significantly smaller magazine (20 as opposed to 30) than the standard laser pistol.
Protectron's Gaze can fire a total of 520 shots, or 26 full cells, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol - The common variant in Fallout 3.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol - a unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn prior to the release of the add-on, Broken Steel.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel) - a unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn with the add-on Broken Steel installed.
- Smuggler's End - a unique variant carried by Elder Lyons.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||10||120||12||x0.08||22||2||17||1.2||0.0||30||1250||2||420||210|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol fo3bs||18||108||6||x1.5||18||1||17||1.1||0.0||30||694||3||420||140|
It is awarded after handing the AntAgonizer's armor to the Mechanist. The Mechanist states that the weapon is crafted from the parts of his loyal robot assistant that was killed by the AntAgonizer, the event that inspired him to become a superhero. The weapon cannot be obtained by killing him.
- The spread remains consistently tight when firing outside of V.A.T.S. mode; however, when firing within V.A.T.S. mode, a registered "miss" will make the spread much wider than it is outside of V.A.T.S. mode (though some beams may still connect with the target, doing slight damage). For this reason, this weapon is more effectively used outside of V.A.T.S. mode.
- The base damage is split between each of the beams, and each beam can cause a separate critical hit, doing extra damage per beam. Furthermore, a sneak attack critical will affect all beams, as they are all afforded the critical damage bonus up to +120.
- Although the Mechanist gives you this weapon, you will not be able to obtain it by killing him, since it's a quest reward.
- When targeting armed opponents outside of V.A.T.S., stray beams may disarm them.
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Citadel terminal entry on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ DCTA laser firearms protocol.