This quest activates after acquiring the stealth suit Mk II during the quest X-13: Attack of the Infiltrator!. Completion of the Basic Infiltration Test is a shared objective of both quests. Project X-13 gives the player the option to further upgrade the suit after initialization.
- Complete the Basic Infiltration test at the X-13 research facility.
- (Optional) Complete all the X-13 tests.
- Complete the Advanced Infiltration test.
- Complete the Expert Infiltration test.
- Complete the Robot Compliance test.
After assembling the stealth suit Mk II during X-13: Attack of the Infiltrator! and entering the stealth testing lab, activate the test terminal to start the basic infiltration test. You can freely explore the entire area before beginning the test. A search of the walls and desks will reveal many (currently inert) Laser Tripwire emitters which activate later in the optional tests. With a Science or Repair skill of 50, these can be permanently disabled, or hacked (from a red laser beam to a blue, reading you as friendly; no alarms will trigger when you cross the blue beams). You can also destroy the robots, which will not respawn until the final test.
Once you begin the test, you must make your way through the area, avoiding any patrolling robobrains. If you are detected the test will reset and you must return to the test terminal to start again.
Find the administrator's office and retrieve the X-13 document from the wall safe. Doing so will complete the basic infiltration test and shut down all security measures. A reward will appear in the safe next to the test terminal. There are several routes through the area on the lower floor to reach the safe. Alternatively, you can start the test then turn right from the test terminal and go upstairs to the observation level. Make your way to the area above the administrator's office and simply jump down to reach the safe, avoiding the security.
Once the Basic infiltration test is complete, the stealth suit MkII will be upgraded (Sneak bonus increased by +10, to 25). Also note that enemy robo-scorpions will appear throughout the X-13 facility under the direction of Mobius. With the Basic test completed, additional tests can optionally be run to further upgrade the stealth suit Mk II. Your objective for the Advanced and Expert levels remains the X-13 document in the administrator's safe, and you must deactivate the robobrains during the final Robot Compliance test. Security measures are increased with each test level.
Go back to the test terminal and start the Advanced test. You must again evade the robobrains, but also avoid the activated laser tripwires (if you did not disable or hack them earlier). Completing the Advanced test will add a +1 Perception bonus to the suit's effects. Also, a new reward will appear in the safe next to the test terminal.
Go back to the test terminal and start the expert test. The security now consists of robobrains, laser tripwires, and additional proximity detectors. Unlike the first two hazards, the proximity detectors will not spawn until you've started the expert test at least once, and will rearm themselves every time you start it regardless of whether or not you disabled them previously. However, there is no skill required to deactivate them; simply walk up to them and use them to shut them off. The detectors have the appearance of pulse mines, and are usually placed on tables or desks to keep them out of sight. Completing the Expert test will add a +1 Agility bonus to the suit's effects. Again, a reward will appear in the safe next to the test terminal.
Go back to the test terminal and start the Robot Compliance test. The security is the same as the expert test, but this time the robobrains must be deactivated rather than simply avoided. If you previously destroyed them, they will respawn for the test. Sneak up behind each robot and use the option given to deactivate it. Once all robots are disabled the test immediately ends. Completing the Robot Compliance test increases your crouched movement speed by 20% when wearing the suit. A Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual will appear in the safe next to the test terminal as a final reward for completing all the challenges.
- After finishing a test the player can replay it repeatedly for unlimited rewards, including Stealth Boys or extra ammunition for energy weapons. The Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual reward given for the first completion of the Robot Compliance test is not repeatable; replays will give the same random rewards as the other tests.
- All locked doors will always become locked again upon starting a new test, even if previously picked. In order to avoid exploits, only the first successful attempt at picking these locks will yield XP.
- Replaying any test will add the "Project X-13 Redux" quest to the Pip-Boy quest screen.
- The robobrains and turrets can be destroyed by the player at any time, or by the robo-scorpions after completing the first test. The turrets will never respawn, and the robots will only respawn if the final test is activated, making the first three somewhat easier.
- If you have already upgraded the sonic emitter, you can pick the lock of a door leading to the upper levels, destroy the forcefield above the administrators room, and complete the tests with minimal difficulty.