Sir, this slag heap is guarding the armory, Sir!”
Seagrave Holmes salvaged this Mister Gutsy. He's a bit confused about where he is and who all of these other humans are. Harkness set him to guard the armory in the security tower, but he's far from reliable.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- If having a high enough Speech skill, one can convince him that there are enemy forces on the ship's deck; he will thank for the "assistance" and hurry off. Roughly thirty seconds later, he will resume his post and will not try to kill or arrest the Lone Wanderer.
- If one can successfully talk him into leaving, pick the door lock, and take out the turret before he comes back, one will be able to freely come and go even after he returns to his post. Aside from some of the containers marked with red text, the Lone Wanderer can take anything from the armory, even while he's watching, without effect.
- It is also possible to attempt to gain access to the Rivet City Armory by telling him one is there to inspect it. Unfortunately, the robot will recognize the ruse and warn he will shoot.
Private Jones will respawn after 3 in-game days if killed.
- "Sir, you are not authorized to enter the armory. Sir! Please don't make me shoot you, Sir!"
- "Sir, this slag heap is guarding the armory, Sir!"
Private Jones appears only in Fallout 3.
pc xbox360 A security guard may run and open the room where the turret is located, then become hostile to the player. This causes Private Jones and everyone in the vicinity to turn hostile as though the Lone Wanderer opened the door. [verified]