Sir, you are not authorized to enter the armory. Sir! Please don't make me shoot you, Sir!”
Seagrave Holmes salvaged this Mister Gutsy. He's a bit confused about where he is and who all of these other humans are. Harkness set him to guard the armory in the security tower, but he's far from reliable.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- If you have a high enough Speech skill, you can convince him that there are enemy forces on the ship's deck; he will thank you for the "assist" and hurry off. Roughly thirty seconds later, he will resume his post and will not try to kill or arrest you.
- If you can successfully talk him into leaving, pick the door lock, and take out the turret before he comes back, you will be able to freely come and go even after he returns to his post. Aside from some of the containers marked with red text, you can take anything you want from the armory - even while he's watching - without effect.
- It is also possible to attempt to gain access to the Rivet City Armory by telling him you are there to inspect it. Unfortunately, the robot will recognize your ruse and warn you he will shoot you.
Private Jones will respawn after 3 days in-game if killed.
- "Sir, you are not authorized to enter the armory. Sir! Please don't make me shoot you, Sir!"
- "Sir, this slag heap is guarding the armory, Sir!"
Private Jones appears only in Fallout 3.
pc xbox360 A security guard can run and open the room where the turret is and then turn on you. This causes Private Jones and everyone in the vicinity to turn hostile as though you opened the door. [verified]