Pristine vending machine
The pristine vending machine is a house improvement for your Megaton house or Tenpenny Tower suite. The "pristine" condition refers more to the fact that the machine has a functional refrigeration system after 200 years, rather than the physical condition of the machine itself, as there are many blackened areas on it.
It can be acquired from Moira Brown for your Megaton house, or Lydia Montenegro or Michael Masters for the Tenpenny Tower suite. Its base value is 500 bottle caps, 462 caps at 50 barter, 450 caps at 100 barter, and 400 if you have the Master Trader perk.
The vending machine allows you to turn your Nuka-Cola into ice cold Nuka-Cola, which heals +20 HP instead of 10 (+24 instead of +12 with the food sanitizer). This won't make you any money, as ice cold Nuka-Cola sells for the same 20 caps as regular Nuka-Cola.
In addition to the machine, you also get eight complimentary ice cold Nuka-Colas, a Nuka-Cola bottle lamp, and a Nuka-Cola clock.
It can also be used as an extra storage device, for those who like to keep their items separated. This is the only way to obtain extra storage space in your purchased home (without buying the Vault theme, which adds an extra locker at the Tenpenny Tower suite). Nuka-Cola can be put into the machine as if it were an ordinary container to avoid turning them ice cold.
- Sierra Petrovita also has one in her home; however, you cannot pick the lock and the key doesn't exist. It can only be opened with the unlock console command.
- Ice cold Nuka-Cola cannot be turned into Nuka-Cola Quantum with the Quantum Chemist perk, so don't change too many if you want more Quantum.
- Ice cold Nuka-Cola cannot be traded with Zip during the unmarked quest Zip's Nuka Fix in Little Lamplight, which is another reason NOT to transform all your bottles at once.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum cannot be cooled, nor can any other beverage besides regular Nuka-Cola.
- To avoid turning a Nuka-Cola ice cold, select the "get some ice cold Nuka-Cola" option and insert them in the machine as you would any other container.
- The Nuka-Cola bottle lamp has a small stain on the shade that appears to be a mushroom cloud.
- Its Base ID is 0007c126.