| ||For The Minutemen leader in Fallout 4, see Preston Garvey.|
Oh, I'd like to help, I really would. But I don't know the first thing about this place's history. Don't let my age fool you; I may have been around for a while, but I didn't spend all that time here!”
Preston was born in 2227. Aged 50, he is a kind old man who enjoys nothing more than tending to the sick and injured. He genuinely loves helping people and is well liked and respected among the citizens of Rivet City. On occasion, he has had to work closely with Janice Kaplinski, whom he considers to be his close friend. They have a father-daughter type of relationship. He tries to get her to lighten up and interact with people more.
Dr. Preston can be found in Rivet City clinic on the Upper Deck during most of the day.
At 7:00AM he goes the Weatherly Hotel to eat for one hour.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- The Replicated Man: Preston has some interesting information on the android.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If you put the modified FEV in Project Purity, Preston informs the player that Rivet City is burning corpses in Broken Steel.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Dr. Preston's room key
|Dr. Preston's key*|
* Preston cannot die, and this key can only be obtained by pick-pocketing.
- "Don't get any cute ideas. Security is just a shout away."
- "You're hurt. Fortunately, this is a medical clinic. Why don't you let me take a look at that."
- "Oh, I'd like to help, I really would. But I don't know the first thing about this place's history. Don't let my age fool you; I may have been around for a while, but I didn't spend all that time here!"
Doctor Preston appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
If you ask Dr. Preston for chems, he will reply with, "...I'm a doctor, not a dealer"; an homage to Dr. McCoy from the original Star Trek series.