This complex has sustained catastrophic damage and is only functioning at 22 percent of its full capability.”— M.A.R.Go.T.
It connects the Presidential sub level beneath the White House with Adams Air Force Base and the Capitol building's East Wing. An automated defense system is headed by a pre-ZAX technology computer system called Metro Authority Rapid Governmental transit System. M.A.R.Go.T. controls the trains, robots, and other maintenance personnel. The area is guarded by sentry bots and swarming with ghouls. At higher levels, multiple feral ghoul reavers will be present.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the Equipment Room, which connects the western and eastern lines.
- A police hat can be found near M.A.R.Go.T. in the room you first meet her.
- Unlike other Metro tunnels where the trains have been rendered useless and the player is forced to walk from station to station, or the train tunnel leading to the Pitt where a loading screen takes the place of an actual journey, the Presidential Metro Line is usable.
- About halfway down the second tunnel you can look through a fence and watch two feral ghouls get splattered by a Metro train.
- There is a massive battle between the feral ghouls and robots which the player can learn about from M.A.R.Go.T. The numbers and strength of the ghouls can overwhelm the robots after awhile, so the player should help out the robots or face getting rushed by the ghouls once they are done with the robots. Alternatively, if you are finding the ghouls too tough to make it through, they are fooled by the ghoul mask. This will give you the opportunity to take them by surprise or avoid them to save ammunition and stimpaks.
- The fuses you need to activate the metro are on the Presidential sentry bot. He will automatically replace the fuses once you kill all the ghouls (thus clearing the security breach). You may have to go back talk to M.A.R.Go.T again. She will tell you that the main repairs will now begin, and once you get back to the train, you will see the Presidential sentry bot replace the fuse, enabling the metro.
- If you did not find the Senator's ID you can force the computer to reprogram with a high enough Science skill.
- This area contains many Easter eggs, and players should take a second look at what appear to be dead ends.
- At the junction where the working metro can take you to Adams AFB, there are two locked doors requiring a key to enter. There is no key to be found, however. The doors open when you kill the Presidential Metro bot, although this will of course make all other bots/turrets turn hostile. There is no loot behind these doors (just more bots). If you shoot the Presidential Metro bot in the combat inhibitor, causing it to frenzy, the other bots/turrets will attack it and not you. However, the doors will not open.
- Past the M.A.R.Go.T. computer entrance, at the end of the tracks there's a gnome with a camera and on the tracks, are two teddy bears tied to the tracks with a note saying 'Help Us' between them.
- If you have a high enough Science skill or you found the Senator's ID, M.A.R.Go.T. will tell you that the last time the Metro line was in use was 200 years and 8 months before the current date.
Behind the scenesEdit
The system concept and station design is based on the Capitol Subway.
- pc ps3 Occasionally when the Reaver is killed it may fling back down the hall where it came from. [verified]