P.A.M. was developed as part of a joint project by the DIA and the US military to create an advanced computer system designed for one purpose: to predict the future with extreme precision and accuracy, using the most complex formulas, methods and algorithms, based on the data provided. She was intended for use in planning and analyzing complex tactical maneuvers and other wartime operations. P.A.M. was shortly installed into a robotic frame, granting her significantly increased mobility. Nevertheless, she was still being perfected prior to the Great War.
When the Railroad discovered the DIA's old HQ, the Switchboard, they found P.A.M. in perfect shape, still operating, and untouched by the bombs. They reprogrammed her to support their cause in one way or another. The robot was moved to the faction's current HQ in the basement below the Old North Church when their previous headquarters was invaded by synths.
P.A.M.'s methods and algorithms are always being perfected, because humans are an infinitely complex set of variables, especially when wild cards like the Sole Survivor are taken into account. Created under the P.A.M. Initiative, she played a core part in analyzing the DIA's massive databases.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- P.A.M. provides the player character with her own Jackpot missions and occasionally provides information about other Railroad missions.
- P.A.M. will not initiate Railroad radiant quests once the quest Tactical Thinking has started, but will talk again if that quest fails (for example doing The Nuclear Option (Railroad) or The Nuclear Option (Minutemen)).
- Even after the completion of Tactical Thinking and the total destruction of the Railroad, P.A.M. will still give out some Railroad radiant quests to the player character, such as Variable Removal quests.
- Upon collecting her for the Brotherhood she can be found in Proctor Quinlan's room. She will have been reprogrammed to support the Brotherhood's cause.
P.A.M. only appears in Fallout 4.
- ps4 pc xboxone Selecting the "Maybe later" response may lead to it not giving any more quests and the player will not be able to speak to it beyond the initial greeting.[verified]
- One can use the console command setstage b926b 100 to fix this.
- ps4 pc xboxone Responding with the "not interested" reply after P.A.M. briefs you about a mission may lead to her constantly being busy and not initiating dialogue, even when you are prompted to speak to it by Drummer Boy.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.