An ancient currency, the pre-War money is not in use anymore. Each bill had a denomination value of twenty dollars. Based on the value listed in the Skylanes smuggling manifests, each in-game pre-War money had a value of $100 on October 23, 2077
- 25 in the collegiate administration building.
- 25-50 in a wrecked bus just west of the decrepit factory and south of the decayed reactor site.
- 100 in the bank near Super Duper Mart, accessed via an exterior hole in the vault.
- Over 300 in Bridgeway Trust.
- Cash registers throughout The Commonwealth.
- Jamaica Plain, next to the cash register in the diner.
- Root cellar, on the metal shelf.
- Vault 111, on the shelf in the recreation room
- Due to its unique carry-weight of 0, Pre-War money can be hoarded without consequence.
- Pre-War money can either be sold to merchants, or broken down into scrap to produce one cloth.
- Overwhelmingly useful in the production of cheap Beds, critical to settlement survival.
- Pre-War money can also be used in the Junk Jet as ammunition.
- Pre-War money can be used at Back Alley Bowling at the General Atomics Galleria, amusingly the $5000 entrance fee serves no purpose.
- Pre-War money can be used in the Nuka-Cade at Nuka-World, to be exchanged into Nuka-Cade token.