An ancient currency, the pre-War money is not in use anymore. Each bill had a denomination value of twenty dollars. Based on the value listed in the Skylanes smuggling manifests, each in-game pre-War money had a value of $100 on October 23, 2077.
Pre-War money can be broken down for cloth, but is more valuable as currency.
Pre-War money (1)
- 200-300 in Bridgeway Trust.
- 21 in Valenti station.
- 20 in Bridgeway Trust.
- 19 in Kendall Hospital.
- 14 in Wattz Consumer Electronics.
- 11 in Vault 114.
- Found in various cash registers throughout the Commonwealth.
- Far Harbor (add-on) 40 in the Cliff's Edge Hotel.
The following containers have confirmed fixed significant quantities :
- 100 in the duffle bag below the collapsed wall of the bank at Lexington.
- 100 in the safe at Slocum's Joe Corporate HQ.
- 20 in the safe at Easy City Downs, behind the cash registers in the main entrance.
- Due to its unique carry-weight of 0, pre-War money can be hoarded without consequence.
- Can be used in the production of cheap beds.
- Pre-War money can also be used in the Junk Jet as ammunition.
- Pre-War money can be used at Back Alley Bowling at the General Atomics Galleria, but the $5,000 entrance fee serves no purpose.
- Pre-War money can be used in the Nuka-Cade at Nuka-World, to be exchanged for 3 Nuka-Cade tokens.
- Because of the value of pre-War money being eight and the value of 3 Nuka-Cade tokens being 9, the player character can use this to increase the output of caps by 1 for pre-War money.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Pre-War money may have been based upon the $20 U.S. silver certificate, due to similarities in design.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|