An ancient currency, the pre-War money is not in use anymore. Each bill had a denomination value of twenty dollars. Based on the value listed in the Skylanes smuggling manifests, each in-game pre-War money had a value of $100 on October 23, 2077.
Pre-War money can be broken down for cloth, but is more valuable as currency.
Pre-War money (1)
- 25 in the collegiate administration building.
- 25-50 in a wrecked bus just west of the decrepit factory and south of the decayed reactor site.
- 100 in the bank near Super Duper Mart, accessed via an exterior hole in the vault.
- Over 300 in Bridgeway Trust.
- Cash registers throughout the Commonwealth.
- Jamaica Plain, next to the cash register in the diner.
- Root cellar, on the metal shelf.
- Vault 111, on the shelf in the recreation room.
- Due to its unique carry-weight of 0, pre-War money can be hoarded without consequence.
- Can be used in the production of cheap beds.
- Pre-War money can also be used in the Junk Jet as ammunition.
- Pre-War money can be used at Back Alley Bowling at the General Atomics Galleria, but the $5,000 entrance fee serves no purpose.
- Pre-War money can be used in the Nuka-Cade at Nuka-World, to be exchanged for Nuka-Cade tokens.
- Because of the value of pre-War money being eight and the value of 3 Nuka-Cade tokens being 9, the player character can use this to increase the output of caps by 1 for pre-War money.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Pre-War money may have been based upon the $20 U.S. silver certificate, due to similarities in design.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|