The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
| ||For the unmarked quest in Fallout: New Vegas, see Power to the People (Fallout: New Vegas).|
|Vault-Tec Workshop quest: Power to the People|
|Outfit Clem in a Vault Suit.|
|Talk to the Overseer.|
|Build the Power Cycle 1000.|
|Connect a terminal to the Power Cycle and select experiment parameters.|
|Assign Clem to the Power Cycle.|
|Let Clem ride for an hour.|
|Talk with Clem.|
|Repair the Power Cycle.|
|Report back to Overseer.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Power Cycle 1000 as a settlement object
|Leads to: The Watering Hole|
After speaking to Valery Barstow again, she instructs you to build a Power Cycle 1000 prototype, which was developed to use a "waste of time and energy" such as exercise, for the greater productivity of the vault. Build the Power Cycle with the workshop and connect a terminal to it to set the parameters to one of three options: electro-shock administration, Buffout administration, or peaceful environmental simulation. Once the parameter is set, it locks in and you cannot change it. The options may earn Likes, Dislike or Hates from companions, if present. After the hour is up, there will be a spectacular electrical discharge and Clem will be sent flying, and you will have to repair the equipment.
Barstow will then tell you the results, which mirror the notes made by the R&D team in each parameter description. Clem's demeanor is also affected; if you chose to administer drugs to him, he will express a desire to go back to cycling in later experiments.
After completing the quest, the Power Cycle 1000 can be mass produced. It's located on the Vault tab under Resources, while on workshop mode. The stats of the bike depend on the experiment option that was chosen.
- Selecting the electro-shock experiment option makes the bike produce 4 units of power, at the risk of killing its user (5% chance per day).
- The Buffout option produces 2 units of power, and can also kill its user (2% chance per day).
- The peaceful environmental simulation option also produces 2 units of power, without any risk of death.
- Electro-shock administration and Buffout administration can potentially kill settlers assigned to the settlement object.
- Piper hates it when you set the experimental parameters to Electro-shock or Buffout, but she likes it if you choose the peaceful environmental simulation.
- ps4 xboxone pc After giving Clem the Vault 88 jumpsuit, he doesn't put the suit on and the quest shows you need to get a suit for him again from the Vault 88 chest. Even after getting another suit and giving it to Clem, he fails to put it on. The quest never updates past this point, as in an endless loop. [verified]
- A possible fix to this is by manually equipping it to him via his inventory menu (the triangle button on PS4, Y on XBoxOne, and T on PC).
- pc After Clem has used the Power Cycle for one hour and the discharge occurs, the reactor that is pre-placed near the entrance of the vault will be damaged and unable to be directly repaired. However, for your amusement, if you press the supply line button it will say "this person cannot be assigned to a supply line." [verification overdue]
- Repairing any object connected to a power network seems to repair all objects of that network damaged due to the discharge, including the reactor. [verified] Note that if you are running several reactors, this will only fix the main reactor power grid. The separate reactors will have to be repaired separately.
- If you close the door to the reactor room before the discharge, the reactor will be undamaged. [verified]
- pc Instead of having the experimental version of the Power Cycle 1000 in the Special tab in the workshop, you can end up with only the settlement happiness items that are meant to be unlocked after the quest, making you unable to complete the segment where you need to hook up a terminal and adjust the experiment parameters.[verified] Solution: find the terminal's baseid with Help 1000 0, then move it to the player with player.placeatme <baseid> to access the terminal and complete the quest.
- This bug is usually caused by obtaining the Vault-Tec prototypes note that unlocks the settlement happiness items. This note is carried by Valery Barstow and can be looted from her corpse. Alternatively, it can be obtained by using the scrapall command on the workshop in which it will be added. Retrieving this note from the workshop will immediately break the quest as if you obtained it by killing Barstow.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.