Image used as concept design for Porter in the Van Buren design document
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Late forties, a little deaf. Not really a nice guy, but seems fair & hard-working. Though he offered to let you stay, he's happy for you to move on.
Doesn't want you messing with other peoples' claims (nobody does). They have most of Denver staked out as their claims. You have two options: obey their claims or jump the claims. Claim-jumping will make them attack you if you ever come back. Obeying the claims means you don't get much good stuff.
He keeps his original crime secret because he doesn't want anyone to know. He was paroled a long time ago. he sat on the NCR advisory board and actually served with Gov Dodge - and while he didn't like everything Dodge did, he still knows Dodge is probably the best son of a bitch to colonize the east. He came east, hoping to make use of his skills. He lost a fortune investing in the caravans, and the Crimson Caravan bought him out, so he had to make due with his mining skills elsewhere. Doesn't drink, gets angry at those who do.
Giving, willing to help anyone who doesn't cause trouble. Always keeps an emotional mask up. Hard to snow him on an idea.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Get the Brewery Running again - If you get the brewery running again, you can brew beer and sell it elsewhere.
- Get the Generator from the Old Camp - Drag the damn thing back from the old camp.
- Get Garcia out of his coma - Jimmy T hasn't got the skills and asks the Prisoner to get Garcia out of his coma.
- Get the Salvagers some fruit or vitamins - The Salvagers are getting scurvy and need fruit or some vitamins.
- Fix the Radio Tower - The Radio Tower's running erratically, Wagner lacks the skill to repair it and asks the Prisoner's help.
- Get them a Geiger Counter - Get Jimmy T a Geiger counter to solve the problem of the radioactive lizards.
- Start Trade With NCR or New Canaan - Get New Canaan and the New California Republic introduced to each other and start a resource trade.
Porter has not appeared nor is he mentioned in any published game. Porter was to appear in the canceled Fallout 3 project by Black Isle Studios codenamed Van Buren. It is not certain if he will appear in any future Fallout game.
All or most of the above text comes from the Denver design document.