Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup
Haven't you heard? With few shipments from home and little variety, the troops are getting restless for some quality grub. You can only do so much as a chef with just corn, beans, onions, and peppers.”— Cpl. William Farber
|Unmarked Quest: Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup|
|Talk to Farber about his meat supply.|
|Acquire a meat supply contract by:|
|Talk to Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company for a contract.||Talk to Fitz at the Grub n' Gulp Rest Stop for a contract.||Talk to Ruby Nash in Primm for a contract.|
|Acquire the food additive from Vault 22.|
|Return to Farber.|
|Reward: NCR fame|
- Talk to Cpl. William Farber about his meat supply, receiving a meat vendor list.
- Ask Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company, Ruby Nash in Primm or Fitz at the Grub n' Gulp rest stop about the possibility of meat supply contracts with Camp McCarran. Only one must be asked about the deal, the others can be skipped. Blake seems to be the primary choice, as he has a Speech check (70) allowing a reduced price on the meat for the NCR and a Barter check (50) to convince Blake to trade one piece of meat for two vegetables or bottles of water.
- Ask Farber about the broken food processor and he will give you a list of parts to fix it. (With a Repair skill of 80, you can fix the machine without needing any parts.)
- You must now enter Vault 22 to acquire the food additive (if the player hasn't already), for detailed guides on the vault see its article or the related quests in the vault (There Stands the Grass, Still in the Dark, Bleed Me Dry and I Could Make You Care).
- Return to Farber.
- pc ps3 xbox360 You are unable to talk to either Ruby Nash or Fitz about the food supplies. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Even if Farber says he will take the food additive and begins testing it immediately, it remains in the player's inventory. [verified]
- pc Fixing the food processor (for Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans) before you speak with him will cause the dialogue to trade the food additive to him not to appear. [verified]
- xbox360 Players may not earn any NCR fame after completing the quest [verification overdue].