Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For an overview of plasma pistol variants in all games, see plasma pistol.|
This plasma pistol has five tributary energy arcs connected to a central cathode, and the cathode functions as a point of focus, or the barrel. The energy is projected forward, probably by an electromagnetic propeller built around the cathode. The propelled energy forms a Plasma Pinch; though rather slow, the pinch carries high levels of both thermal and kinetic energy.
It fires superheated bolts of green plasma. The plasma pistol uses a semi-automatic firing action, along with sixteen shots from an energy cell. Despite its good damage, the plasma pistol suffers from the same problems as the plasma rifle.
Upon firing the weapon, a large green burst of plasma is created which partially obstructs view. The plasma bolts travel slower than conventional bullets, which can miss if not properly aimed. As such, it is best to use plasma weapons at mid-range or in V.A.T.S. Other than these problems the plasma pistol is a good sidearm for the energy weapons enthusiast.
The plasma pistol can be useful for clearing areas with gas leaks, since the plasma bolt can be used to ignite the gas from a safe distance.
The plasma pistol can fire a total of about 400 bolts, the equivalent of 25 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- MPLX Novasurge Mothership Zeta (add-on)- The prototype version of the Enclave's plasma pistol that was produced before the war, the Novasurge is about three times as powerful as the normal plasma pistol and is even more powerful than A3-21's plasma rifle. However, it is twice as heavy and uses twice as much ammunition per shot as the regular plasma pistol.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|MPLX Novasurge fo3mz||80||240||3||x3||75||21||3.8||0.5||16(8)||188||6||850||141.7|
- The plasma pistol can usually only be found being carried by Enclave officers. Officers can be found with most groups of Enclave soldiers, although solid locations for them include Deathclaw Sanctuary and Raven Rock.
- The Broken Steel add-on adds several more locations where plasma pistols can be found.
- Enclave Hellfire troopers carry the plasma pistol as a sidearm.
- Split Jack will wield one in the side quest Protecting the Water Way.
- One is a part of the requisition leftovers given by Scribe Bigsley after completing the Protecting the Water Way quest.
- One can be found in full condition in Fort Bannister on the table in the same tent Paladin Jensen is tied up in.
| || |