| ||For an overview of plasma pistol variants in the Fallout series of games, see plasma pistol.|
This plasma pistol has five tributary energy arcs connected to a central cathode, and the cathode functions as a point of focus, or the barrel. The energy is projected forward, probably by an electromagnetic propeller built around the cathode. The propelled energy forms a Plasma Pinch; though rather slow, the pinch carries high levels of both thermal and kinetic energy.
The plasma pistol is a powerful energy-based pistol, firing a superheated bolts of green plasma, it is able to punch through most critters and low-level types of armor with ease, when compared to the more commonly found and cheaper laser pistol.
The plasma pistol is a big step-up from the regular laser pistol, it deals more than twice the damage per shot, while remaining fairly accurate and cheap to use in V.A.T.S. Furthermore, it is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed so long as your sneak skill is 50 or greater.
However, like the other plasma-based weapons, the plasma pistol suffers from common drawbacks, it consumes two energy cells with every shot, eating through ammunition at a much faster pace. Additionally upon use, the plasma pistol also suffers from a large green burst of plasma upon discharging the weapon which partially obstructs view, and the plasma bolts travel a very slow rate resulting in the need to lead the shot.
The plasma pistol can fire a total of about 745 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 47 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal plasma pistol - A non-unique, customizable variant of the plasma pistol.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Plasma pistol fnvgra||33||57.8||1.75||x1.5||33||30||1.1||0.5||32(16)||745||3||200||66.7||0||2|
|Plasma pistol With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||40||70||1.75||x1.5||33||30||1.3||0.5||32(21.3)||745||3||1075||358.3||0||2|
- Gloria Van Graff carries one plasma pistol.
- Goodsprings - occasionally sold by Chet.
- Gun Runners - it can be found on the far right back table in the workshop.
- Isaac (Gun Runners) carries one.
- Hidden Valley bunker - can be found in Paladin Hardin's room in perfect condition.
- New California Republic Correctional Facility - Eddie carries one in his inventory.
- Nipton - in the house with the Mister Gutsy prototype, located under the workbench just inside the front door.
- REPCONN Headquarters - it can be found lying on a desk, on the first floor behind a locked door.
- Silver Rush, Freeside - one is located on the display table and another in an upstairs bedroom.
- The Silver Rush crier carries one.
- Sloan, under the railway bridge just south is a corpse which you can loot for one.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Non-player characters who are given the plasma pistol will carry the correct ammunition (energy cells), but will carry drained microfusion cells instead of drained small energy cells.
- When firing this weapon with an odd amount of ammunition, when you come to your last round (ammunition reads 1/0) you can fire a plasma bolt despite it normally taking two energy cells.
| || |