| || For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenades.|
For an overview of other plasma grenades, see Plasma grenades.
A "live" plasma grenade
- They can be stolen or purchased from the Mess hall & munitions storage at Nellis Air Force Base.
- They can be stolen from the Silver Rush, or purchased from Gloria Van Graff.
- Three can be located in the Securitron vault in the security room in a Grenade box, along with a plasma rifle.
- 1-4 can be found on one of the members of the Vipers in Bonnie Springs, the one that has the plasma grenades wears combat armor and has the unique brass knuckles, Love and Hate.
- One can be found in the Followers safehouse.
- They can sometimes be bought from Cliff Briscoe in Novac.
- Legionary assassins will carry (and sometimes use) plasma grenades at higher levels.
- Plasma grenades are one of the safest grenades to throw en masse with Heave Ho!, as atomic cocktails can be used to increase Energy Resistance, along with the benefit of high Damage Threshold, Adamantium Skeleton, Hit the Deck and Tough Guy.
- Patch 184.108.40.2064 (1.06, PlayStation 3) increased the radius of plasma and pulse grenades, they now work incredibly well with Splash Damage.