Fallout 3 locations project
Now you be careful out there, wouldn't want you to get eaten by any trogs...”— Everett
The Pitt steelyard is a location which is added to Fallout 3 in the add-on The Pitt. It contains Wernher's hideout. This also is the location for the achievement/trophy Mill Worker for finding 100 ingots.
Most of these can be found on a linear route while finding the ingots. the steel ingot page has a walkthrough.
- 100 steel ingots, scattered all around the steelyard.
- Man Opener at the end of the warehouse, on the bed.
- Wild Bill's sidearm, a unique .32 pistol, next to its owner, located on the stairs beginning the ascent to the blast furnace.
- Gamma shield armor, unique rad-resistant metal armor, located in a ditch surrounded by radioactive barrels to the southwest.
- When the Lone Wanderer enter the Steelyard for the first time the player character will find a slave attempting to talk to his brother Billy who has turned into a trog. After about a minute Billy gets violent and attacks him. The Lone Wanderer can help him if the player charcter hurrys by quickly opening the gate and killing Billy - or shoot through the fence - but be warned doing so will alert some trogs to the player character's location. There is no reward for helping the slave and he will then stand around the dead trog and cry about "Poor Billy" or if the Lone Wanderer kills the trog as the slave bends over clapping for the trog to come to him, the slave will stay in that position unless killed.
- Right next to the entrance of the Supply Plant there is a platform with four deactivated factory protectrons. Nearby there's a terminal to activate them, if the player has a high enough Science skill (75). The robots are not hostile to the player and will kill almost all of the trogs on the ground floor of the train yard, as well as any Wildmen patrolling the overhead pipes and catwalks. They will attract a good deal of the trogs and even when they are killed, they can be looted for ammunition, which is hard to come by in The Pitt.
- Right in front of the entrance door after entering the steelyard there's a dead Pitt slave that is permanent. No humans go into this area so you can store items in the corpse without fear of being stolen. This is a good way to keep the load light if you plan to collect all the steel ingots in the area.
- NW of the Steelyard, out of the map, is a large river that has the color of the water/Quantum in the Nuka-Cola plant. It seems that it is deliberately built outside of the steelyard.
The Pitt steelyard appears only in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt.
- ps3 A known bug for this quest is that if you don't find Wild Bill the FIRST time you enter the Steelyard he will be lost forever. This makes it impossible to get his unique weapon Wild Bill's sidearm, and his note explaining his fate to give to Milly for quest completion and reward. If his body doesn't appear the first time, re-loading the save at the Steelyard entrance should make him spawn in a reachable location. [verified]
- pc It is advised to save a lot after reaching the corpse of Wild bill. A zone (south east) seems to be messy (no floor.) behind the big tower, before reaching the stairs. If you decided to explore the opening between the tower and the wall , there you could see some spherical silos the floor is "visible" but missing just after. There is a corpse, a Trog and some ingots on the corner of the floor missing area (the silos are "solid" contrary to the floor) [verified]