Pimp-Boy 3 Billion
Outstanding! You have no idea how much this means to me, but I think this little beauty will give you an idea.”— Mick
The Pimp-Boy 3 Billion is a standard Pip-Boy 3000 that has been "pimped out" with what appears to be gold and silver (or platinum) plating as well as encrusted diamonds. Once received, the Courier automatically replaces the old Pip-Boy 3000 with the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion. To switch back to your original Pip-Boy 3000, simply talk to Mick again and select "I'd like to switch to my Pip-Boy."
The Pimp-Boy 3 Billion can be obtained from Mick of Mick & Ralph's as part of an unmarked quest to determine why the Omertas (of the Gomorrah casino) have stopped purchasing weapons from him. This is initiated by talking to Mick and asking the question, "How's business?" followed by "What's the deal with the Omertas?" at any time prior to completing the quest How Little We Know. The Courier will be given a note outlining Mick's request. The Courier must then complete How Little We Know.
If you complete the quest by siding with the bosses, the Courier can convince Big Sal to buy guns from Mick again. The Courier can then return to Mick and inform him that the Omertas will once again be purchasing weapons from him, at which point he will reward the player with the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion.
If you side with Cachino, another way of getting it is to free Troike from his contract. Cachino will tell the player about Troike's incident, which involves a dead hooker. Though not necessary to actually find the corpse, the hooker's corpse will be located in the Suites level of the hotel behind a very hard locked door, and will require a Medicine skill of 35 or higher to examine. Once done, go back to Troike and ask him about the hooker (and not about the gun shipments). There is a medicine check in the conversation in which you will need a Medicine skill of 30 to pass. After passing it you can simply ask him about the dead hooker after Cachino has told you about the incident. Offer to talk to Big Sal about letting Troike out of his contract. Once the player is prompted to do so, go talk to Big Sal and pick the option of paying off Troike's contract with 300 caps. Passing the Speech check (53) or the Barter check (45) will also work. Tell Troike the good news and he'll tell you about destroying the gun shipments. After destroying the shipment with Troike's thermite, go back to Cachino and finish the quest. Once finished, simply talk to Mick. He will thank the player on clearing up what the Omertas were doing. There should be an option on letting Mick know that the Omertas will be buying from him again. Mick will then award the player with the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion.
- If you have the Wild Wasteland trait, disco music will be played upon equipping the Pimp-Boy, and the Wild Wasteland indicator will appear in the top left hand of the screen. The music can be heard again repeatedly by simply going back to Mick and swapping it back for the old Pip-Boy.
- If you choose to get it through talking to Mick after the quest How Little We Know, pick the choice "How's business?" as it will enable the choice of telling him that the Omertas are buying his guns again.
- While the original Pip-Boy 3000's screen is green (the default HUD and Pip-Boy color in Fallout 3) when viewed in third person, the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion's screen is amber (the default HUD and Pip-Boy color in Fallout: New Vegas).
- You can switch between the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion and the Pip-Boy 3000 whenever you want by talking to Mick.
- If you have bad reputation with Freeside, Mick and Ralph will not talk to you, making it impossible to get your Pip-Boy 3000 back or vice versa.
- The Pimp-Boy is still obtainable after killing all the Omerta leaders.
- Alternatively, on PC, you can add the Pimp-Boy using console command player.additem 11bacb 1 and then player.equipitem 11bacb. To revert back to your old Pip-Boy enter player.equipitem 15038.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Female characters will hold the Pimp-Boy at an angle, due to the item not having a separate mesh specified for female wearers. [verified]
- pc A third-party fix for this bug can be found here: New Vegas Nexus
- ps3 Sometimes when placing your map marker the map will disappear leaving only the location markers. Fix by exiting the Pimp-Boy and returning. This can also happen with your default Pip-Boy if you have Old World Blues installed. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Sometimes, after completing the How Little We Know quest, you can't tell Mick that the Omertas are buying his weapons again. To work around this, before telling Troike to destroy the weapons, have his contract destroyed by talking to Big Sal before completing the quest. Then tell Troike he is free and then tell him to destroy the guns. Finish the quest by killing the bosses and return to Mick. Even though he mentions that the Omertas won't buy from him anymore the speech option is there indicating they will, which gives you the pimp boy. [verified]
- pc If you add the Pimp-Boy through the console's add/equip method you can then go to Mick & Ralph's and the option to switch back to the old Pip-Boy is there. This bypasses the speech glitch and allows you to switch Pip-Boys as normal. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 pc The Pimp-Boy 3 Billion is often much brighter or much darker than the outside light level. At night time, the Pimp-Boy will sometimes be as bright as day, and vice versa. This can be fixed by turning in a different direction from the sun or moon and it will go back to normal. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Sometimes when the Pimp-boy 3 Billion light is off, it still shows the glow from it but doesn't account for light and still causes enemies to see you while sneaking. [verified]
- pc xbox360 Legion armor might show through the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion in places. [verified]
- xbox360 The knob controlling the 5 sub-menus of the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion is "broken", being a notch off and turning differently. [verified]