They're frequently found in ovens (found in many abandoned houses, for instance in Minefield), or in workshops. A pilot light can be obtained early in the game by searching through Silver's stove inside her house in Springvale, in the Super-Duper Mart in the back room, or in the RobCo facility.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
Similar to Fallout 3, pilot lights in Fallout: New Vegas can be found in ovens. Many can be found in the basement of the REPCONN test site, especially in the storage room in the south-west. There are also several of them lying on the floor across the whole basement.
- Seven can be found in Novac near the gas station, on top of the shelves
- 5 in the train tunnel
- 4 in the Gomorrah suites
- 4 in Cerulean Robotics
- 3 in Zapp's Neon Signs
- One can be found in a Nelson house
- Novac, in Jeannie May Crawford's house, in the oven
- One can be found in oven at Fields' shack
- In an oven inside a Goodsprings home
- Can be found in the ovens in the Lucky 38 presidential suite.
- A pilot light, as its name suggests, uses a small gas flame to ignite a larger source of heat, such as in a gas oven. In our world an electrical spark has become a more common method of gas oven ignition, another thing that diverged between the Fallout universe and our own.
- In the Tranquility Lane simulation, loosening the pilot light in Martha Simpson's oven and asking her to start it will result in a gas explosion, killing her.
- The Fallout: New Vegas unmarked quest Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans requires 2 pilot lights.