These vehicles at one time had a traditional gasoline powered engine (hence the jerrycan on both sides and the double exhaust pipe) which seems to have been retrofitted with some type of nuclear turbine system. There will occasionally be a container in the bed, normally a suitcase.
- In the Mojave, they all have the same license plate, which is "J4M35M"; in Zion, their plate number is 000 000.
- In New Vegas, similarly to patrol vehicles, they do not explode when shot at. In Fallout 4, however, they detonate with the standard nuclear blast.
- The trucks in Zion do not have the nuclear turbine conversion on them, unlike their Mojave and Commonwealth counterparts.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The pickup truck that appears in Fallout: New Vegas bears a striking resemblance to the 1950's style Ford F Series, the Chevrolet Advance Design, and the Dodge C Series pickup trucks made shortly after World War 2.
- "J4M35M" is leet for "James M", a reference to the Environment Artist James Melilli.