The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Pickman is a man with a strong dislike for raiders, killing anyone that wanders into his home. While generally presenting himself as collected and polite, he's extremely disturbed; casually mentioning his hobby of collecting the raiders' heads. Along with this, he considers himself to be a brilliant artist, painting with the blood of those he kills and creating horrific sculptures of body parts. The Sole Survivor first meets Pickman deep within the tunnels of Pickman Gallery while he is being attacked by Slab, a raider who wants to take revenge on Pickman for killing his men.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
If the Sole Survivor kills Slab and the two raiders on either side of Pickman and then speaks to him after, they are rewarded with Pickman's key, which opens a safe on the ground floor of the Gallery, containing Pickman's Blade and Pickman's thank you note. If the Sole Survivor opts to let the raiders kill Pickman or to kill him themselves, his corpse can still be looted, but the note will not be in the safe.
- It's possible to first learn of Pickman by looting a murdered raider previously killed near Pickman gallery, as well as a random encounter of bodies placed elsewhere in the Commonwealth. His calling card is in the form of a note and left in the raider's inventory. Reading it shows him taunting other raiders and attempting to make them come to Pickman Gallery and depicts an image of a heart drawn in blood, presumably of said raiders. If you haven't discovered Pickman Gallery yet, opening the note will mark its location on your map and give you a misc objective to investigate the location.
- Most companions (except for Cait and Strong) dislike accepting Pickman's gift.
- Alongside killing him to get the key, the Sole Survivor will not receive the thank you note if they have not spoken to Pickman before looting the safe.
- No matter what the Sole Survivor says to Pickman after saving his life, he will still hand over the key and begin Pickman's Gift.
- After saving Pickman from the raiders, he will fondly nickname the Sole Survivor "Killer".
- Pickman's Blade can be picked by looting the safe behind the painting he directs you to. If you grab the knife and go back, the thank you letter still appears.
Pickman appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pickman is named after and based on the uncanny artist Richard Upton Pickman from the short story Pickman's Model by H. P. Lovecraft.
- This character also makes an appearance in Lovecraft's story "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath", and it may be interesting to note that this Pickman is described as having become a ghoul (though the description has little in common with the Fallout variety).