Picking Your Brains
Talk to these think tanks
WHY, YES. WE ARE FILLED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE YOU SPEAK OF. IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE, SIMPLY ASK THE OTHERS, THEY CAN HELP YOU.”— Doctor Klein
|Side Quest: Picking Your Brains|
|Talk to Dr. 0.|
|Talk to Dr. Dala.|
|Talk to Dr. Borous.|
|Talk to Dr. 8.|
|Reward: Variable XP|
|Leads to: Coming Out of Her Shell, A Brain's Best Friend, What's In A Name?, and On The Same Wavelength|
- Dr. Klein: by following various dialogue routes and having a good level of the Medicine or Science skill, the Courier can gather info about the other courier, Ulysses, and Father Elijah.
- Dr. 8: if the Courier has at least a 7 in Perception or Intelligence they may, through dialogue, understand Dr 8. If the Courier has a Science skill of 75 they can program him to mindlessly do what they want.
- Dr. Borous: with a high enough Speech skill, the Courier can talk to him about the fact that his experiments have escaped the Big MT and into the Mojave, although he refuses to believe the Courier.
- Dr. 0: if the Courier has an Intelligence of 9 or higher or the Math Wrath perk, they can work out his real name is "Dr. Zero".
- Dr. Dala: if the Courier has a high enough Medicine, Charisma, or the Cherchez La Femme/Lady Killer perks, they can work out that she misses her body and secretly has some sort of fetish for teddy bears, which can be used to complete her portion of the quest. Teddy bears can be obtained in Dr. Dala's room on the 2nd floor of her home in Higgs Village.
|10||Talk to Dr. Klein, despite your lack of earmuffs.|
|20||Chat with Dr. O.|
|30||Introduce yourself to Dr. Dala.|
|40||Say hello to Dr. Borous. Carefully.|
|50||Quest finished||"Speak" to Dr. 8 - if you can.|
- There is no set order in which the Courier needs to talk to them.
- By picking the right response with each think tank, the Courier can gain extra supplies and caps.
- Picking the correct response when talking to Dr. 8 can gain the Courier some good Karma.
- By picking the right response with each think tank, the Courier can avoid fighting them later in the main quest of Old World Blues.