I'm the fucking god of New Vegas brahmin fusion cuisine, that's who. No, no, that doesn't even give me the credit I deserve. I fucking invented edible food.”
Philippe is the resident chef of the Ultra-Luxe casino. Like most of the members of the White Glove Society, he is obsessed with striving for "superior cuisine."
When Philippe was five, his father left the family, which led his mother, a "chem fiend" to "bring home a series of strange men who insisted upon him calling them 'Uncle.'" His sisters also would lock him in a shipping crate whenever they didn't want him around. There seems to be a terrible incident in Philippe's past involving his brother, which only partially resurfaces after the player character suggests that Philippe's aggressive attitude is not due to his "just liking to shout at people," but rather the severely traumatic experiences of his childhood.
Because of his past he has a tendency of shouting at help, and claims that they "deserve it" and that he "likes yelling at them." He also seems to be trying to be a "star chef" in order to feel better because he will tell the player to cook for the banquet and say, "It won't fill the hole, though. Just remember that. You'll always feel empty."
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Beyond the Beef: Philippe is preparing the meal for the gala event later. He had been experimenting with making imitation strange meat pie and has finally got it right. Alternatively, you can have him cook Carlyle St. Clair III instead of Ted Gunderson.
- He is one of only five characters in the base game to have "Very Evil" Karma, the others being Cook-Cook, Duke, Mortimer and Vulpes Inculta.
- He curses almost as much as Boxcars does.
- "I'm the fucking god of New Vegas brahmin fusion cuisine, that's who. No, no, that doesn't even give me the credit I deserve. I fucking invented edible food."
- "Well then why the fuck are you still standing there like you aren't the lowest form of life ever to be flushed down the evolutionary toilet?"
- "Well why don't you fucking try checking the serving table in the wine room, for fuck's sake? Circular room, two rooms down? Ring any bells? Christ!"
Philippe appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.