Philip without the headwear
Cooke is planning to use the sulfur to make bigger explosives. Will you check out the caves and see if there's anything you can do? Without access to the sulfur, he'll lose what influence he has left with the men here.”
Philip Lem was sentenced to imprisonment in NCR Correctional Facility for a series of thefts at NCR camps. He was an integral part of the prison breakout, but believes the Powder Gangers should turn themselves back in since the gang won't be able to sustain themselves much longer.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Why Can't We Be Friends?: After planting the C-4 on the Microcline rock, Philip asks you to talk to Papa Khan to secure their alliance.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Blue sector key card||-|
- Killing Philip Lem will cause all of Vault 19 to become hostile; even if you did so stealthily.
- Philip seems to be the only source of tortiseshell glassesIn-game spelling, punctuation and/or grammar in the entire game. Though it appears that he does not always possess these glasses and may have ordinary sunglasses instead.
- After you complete the quest Why Can't We Be Friends? (choosing Cooke's side and killing the fire Geckos), Lem will appear reduced to a pile of flesh. And some escaped convicts will say, "Too bad for Lem... Guts were flyin' everywhere..." It is possible to trigger a dialog with Cooke, after viewing the remains of Lem, in which Cooke admits to the killing.
- "I'm a nobody. Just a survivor. Things were well enough until the NCR threw me behind bars."
- "Cooke is just an overambitious prick, and he's going to get us all killed."
- "Cooke is planning to use the sulfur to make bigger explosives. Will you check out the caves and see if there's anything you can do? Without access to the sulfur, he'll lose what influence he has left with the men here."
Philip Lem appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Phillip Lem's name is likely a reference to Phil and Lem, two humorously co-dependent and ethically conflicted scientists from the television show "Better Off Ted".