| ||For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
Pew Pew belonged to Allen Marks, a man infamous for hunting people for Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps in the Mojave Wasteland. He broke into the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters prize vault not knowing it was airtight, got locked in, and thus met his demise.
The upper casing of Pew Pew is colored red, and the focus adjustment knob on the rear of the gun has a Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle cap with a crudely drawn star attached by a screw. Underneath the bottle cap are the words "Had it coming" etched into the casing, along with eight hash marks. Additional hash marks also appear along both sides and the underside of the main body of the pistol.
On top of the main body is a wooden plate with what appears to be two capacitors attached by nails, strapped on by black tape and wired into the main body in series by a red and blue wire, hinting at its extra power output. It fires a distinctly orange beam, with the flare from the muzzle being more intense than a standard laser pistol.
Pew Pew does drastically more damage than the standard laser pistol, but at the cost of 5 energy cells per shot, resulting in only 2 shots before reloading. It is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed so long as the player's Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
Pew Pew can fire a total of about 395 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 198 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol, standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal laser pistol, the variant of the laser pistol added in Gun Runners' Arsenal.
- Missing laser pistol, found only during the Pistol Packing unmarked quest.
- Compliance Regulator , a unique laser pistol that paralyzes a target on a critical hit.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
This weapon can be found inside the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters after presenting at least 50 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps to Festus and beginning A Valuable Lesson. The weapon is found next to the body of Allen Marks.
- Pew Pew has the same trademark colors (red and yellow) as the Sunset Sarsaparilla Company, further highlighting the obsession of its previous owner, Allen Marks.
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.112, Pew Pew had a 30-round magazine and used 15 energy cells per shot.
- When fired, the first laser will cause a yellow-orange burst of light from the barrel, yet the second shot will most often be red, with no flash, just the laser.
- If the player has less than 5 energy cells, Pew Pew can still fire.
- It is the second-most powerful improved holdout weapon that is not an explosive (in terms of base damage).
- When aiming with true iron sights on, the player will still have a crosshair.
- In the GECK, an unused script can be found that was meant to make this weapon fire in a 2-shot burst.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Xbox 360 When changing ammo types in third person, Pew Pew doesn't make any reloading sound.[verified]
| || |