The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Institute radiant quest: Pest Control|
|Talk to Alan Binet in the Institute.|
|Head to the unnamed location and kill the marked feral ghoul.|
|Head back to the Institute and talk to Alan Binet.|
|Reward: 400 XP|
|(Optional) Persuad Binet to give a reward.|
|Reward: 10 Pre-War money|
Speak with Dr. Alan Binet over at Robotics (at night he will be in his quarters). Agree to eliminate some feral ghouls causing problems for a synth scavenger team. Go to the unnamed location now indicated on the Pip-Boy and engage the enemies within. Fight through to the tagged enemy and kill it. Not all foes need be slain. Return to Binet and tell him the quest was successful. At this point, he can be persuaded with a speech check to give a reward, which will be 10 pre-War money. This quest can be repeated every other day after being finished.
- pc ps4 xboxone The location sent to can be an established settlement at Croup Manor, Jamaica Plain or Sunshine Tidings co-op. If this is the case this can trigger the targets to not exist upon arriving, the quest marker disappears with no targets to be shown. [verified]
- pc To fix this on PC type in the console setstage InstR01 200. This will complete the stage where the targets were to be destroyed, though were unable to. After this you will be able to hand the quest in and proceed to the next one. If this happens again, repeat the same console command as it uses the same console code for every location.
- Another, but violent, way to solve this bug is simply start shooting at your settlers. After one or two deaths, quest markers will appear on heads of remaining settlers. and after killing everybody, the quest will proceed to the next stage. So if this bug is encountered on a non-PC platform, this may be the only way to deal with it.
- This bug is fixed by patch 1.3, though any games which were started before installing the patch may still encounter the bug one time, even if they haven't begun the quest yet.
- pc Binet may never give the quest at all. He will just say his regular lines when interacted. [verified]
- pc He may also just give the quest reward and XP and thank you for clearing an area of ghouls without ever giving you any quests. [verification overdue]