Oh, thank God. Paladin Hoss sent you, didn't he? I knew he wouldn't leave me behind. When they attacked, we were cut off so quickly. My gun jammed and I never even got a shot off. I couldn't do anything but hide.”
Initiate Pek was born in 2261 and is young (16), gung-ho, and inexperienced. He is in love with Sarah Lyons (who finds him secretly amusing but is professionally annoyed with his behavior, and has requested that he patrol a different part of the Metro area). Pek is always the one charging into danger first, celebrating victory prematurely, and possibly getting blown away by foes he never saw coming.
During a training exercise in Falls Church, Pek, Paladin Hoss, and an unnamed Paladin were separated by a super mutant attack. Pek became trapped in an office building while Hoss and a paladin were fighting nearby, and you must help them during the quest The Lost Initiate.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Hoss and Pek will follow the Wanderer around Falls Church (and even to other places) if one does not accept caps as a reward. If Hoss is killed, Pek will spawn dead in the closet, with the door usually locked at a Very Hard level.
- As a fighting companion, Pek's courage can be very unpredictable and at times will flee rather than fight.
- He will not turn hostile when hit with the Mesmetron.
- With a high enough Small Guns or Repair skill, one can unjam his gun (in dialogue).
- In the Fallout 3 Game of the Year guide, it claims he has a crush on Sentinel Lyons.
- "You can mock me all you want, I don't care. Just get me out of here."
- "Oh, thank God. Paladin Hoss sent you, didn't he? I knew he wouldn't leave me behind. When they attacked, we were cut off so quickly. My gun jammed and I never even got a shot off. I couldn't do anything but hide."
- "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"
Initiate Pek appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 xbox360 It is possible to complete this mission successfully, only to have Pek respawn inside the office if one returns at a later time. He may begin following the player character all over again, or simply cower and be grateful. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Pek sometimes turns out to be dead in the building before you enter it. Hoss may be missing, and will not pay the player character their caps if found. [verified]
- pc xbox360 Initiate Pek may occasionally randomly appear after waiting or sleeping, only to then run off to Falls Church, no matter how far the distance. This may have been fixed after patches. [verified]
- xbox360 Pek may spawn randomly on the spaceship in Mothership Zeta, and follow the player. This goes for Hoss as well.[verified]