| ||For an overview of combat shotgun models in various games, see combat shotgun.|
The Jackhammer, despite its name, is an easy to control shotgun, even when fired on full automatic. The popular bullpup design, which places the magazine behind the trigger, makes the weapon well balanced & easy to control.”— Fallout 2 description
This is the strongest shotgun, having greater range, damage and burst fire capabilities and is able with a good burst to shred against strong foes.
- The two Enclave soldiers in the Salvatore-Enclave transaction are armed with them.
- It can also be found on several characters in NCR, like Roger Westin and Frank Carlson, who can be killed for missions, making at least two easily attainable before level five.
- Male Hubologist guards in San Francisco are armed with Jackhammers, while females have FN FAL rifles.
- Occasionally, on press gangers and one prospector in random encounters around Broken Hills and Redding, respectively.
- Mai Da Chiang, the owner of Red 888 Guns in San Francisco may stock it, as well as the H&K G11 and CAWS.
Behind the scenesEdit
In real life, the Jackhammer was a prototype design that failed to reach full-fledged production due to its manufacturer's bankruptcy. Very few functional prototypes (according to some reports, as few as three) were ever made with only 1 prototype left in existence. The game stays true to the weapon's reputation of controllability, even with automatic fire.