| ||For an overview of combat shotgun models in various games, see combat shotgun.|
The Jackhammer, despite its name, is an easy to control shotgun, even when fired on full automatic. The popular bullpup design, which places the magazine behind the trigger, makes the weapon well balanced & easy to control.”— Fallout 2 description
This is the most powerful shotgun, having greater range, damage and burst fire capabilities and is able with a good burst to shred against strong critters.
- The two Enclave soldiers in the Salvatore-Enclave transaction are armed with them.
- It can also be found on several characters in NCR, like Roger Westin and Frank Carlson, who can be killed for missions, making at least two easily attainable before level five.
- Male Hubologist guards in San Francisco are armed with Jackhammers, while females have FN FAL rifles.
- Occasionally, during random encounters robbers and claim jumpers will use these.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In real life, the Jackhammer was a prototype design that failed to reach full-fledged production due to its manufacturer's bankruptcy. Very few functional prototypes (according to some reports, as few as two) were ever made. The game stays true to the weapon's reputation of controllability, even with automatic fire.