The Paladin Toaster has a black and gray casing as opposed to the zap glove's blue and yellow as well as green lights along the wrist instead of blue. There are three coils along each side similar to the heating coils of an actual toaster. It inflicts more damage than the zap glove and does bonus damage against robots and enemies wearing power armor.
V.A.T.S. Special AttacksEdit
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point||Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||164||20||8.2||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||90.2||20||4.51||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The Paladin Toaster can successfully strike about 395 times from full condition before breaking.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Two-Step Goodbye fnvgra||70||76.4||1.09||x4||10||175explosion||28||5||395||6||20000||3333.3||100||9|
|Zap glove||35||57.3||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
|Paladin Toaster||41||67.1||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Despite a small energy cell visible at the top of the glove, it does not require any ammunition.
- The name "Paladin Toaster" possibly stems from its ability to do bonus damage to power armor, which Brotherhood Paladins often wear.
- Does not do bonus damage to NCR salvaged power armor, as it is not classified as power armor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sometime before release, zap gloves, as well as many other unarmed weapons, were supposed to use energy cells as ammunition, but it wasn't supported by the game engine and there was not enough time for implementation.
- ps3 xbox360 pc The Paladin Toaster uses the icon used for the Fallout 3 version of the power fist, despite the game files containing a specific icon for this weapon. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 While wearing the T-51b power armor or Remnants power armor, the weapon can clip inside your arm if viewed in 3rd person. [verified]
- pc If it is equipped by Veronica Santangelo and she disappears due to the known bug after her quest is completed, next time she joins back, this weapon may be gone from her inventory. [verified]