Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|1||STR 10||Choo Choo! All aboard! While wearing Power Armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.)||0004d89b|
|2||STR 10, LVL 24||Sprinting into enemies while wearing Power Armor now causes severe damage and a more powerful stagger. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.)||00065e3c|
|3||STR 10, LVL 50||Sprinting into enemies while wearing Power Armor now causes massive damage and knocks them down. Impact landing near enemies inflicts even more damage.||00065e3d|
Hitting enemies with Pain Train rank 1 or 2 will give them a buff that makes them immune to Pain Train for 6 seconds.
Hitting enemies with Pain Train rank 3 will give them a buff that makes them immune to Pain Train for 12 seconds.
- The length one can charge for is based on how far the player character can sprint. Having a high Endurance stat and the optimized vent (reduces Action Point cost for sprinting) for the power armor legs can increase sprint length.
- Damage from impact landing can be further increased by modding the legs of the power armor with explosive vents (increases damage radius for impact landings).
- The speed at which one can sprint in power armor can be increased by modding the legs with overdrive servos (increases Sprint speed at additional Action Point cost).
- The Tesla coils mod (deals energy damage to nearby enemies) for the power armor torso can help deal additional damage during and after charging.
- Moving Target can help reduce incoming damage when sprinting/charging.
- The damage caused once enemies are hit by charging isn't instant but rather it drains quickly.
- Pain Train works very similar to Shield Charge from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Due to both games utilizing the creation engine, it acts and performs the same in the way that enemies bounce off the player character as they strike them.
- When one is standing next to enemies, it can be difficult to start charging.
- This perk is far more effective at killing enemies at lower levels. At high levels and especially on survival difficulty the damage from the charge can be quite minimal, causing less than 5% damage in most cases.
- Knocking enemies over with the charge can essentially stun them for 3-10 seconds depending how far they 'fly.' Once knocked down, the mechanics of the enemies' body has to stop moving before they can stand up.
- Shooting at an enemy hit by Pain Train with explosive rounds before they stand up will keep them airborne, thus preventing them from fighting back.
pc ps4 xboxone This perk can stop working without reason, preventing enemies from being damaged, staggered or knocked down, as though the Perk was never taken.[verified]
- This bug can be fixed by entering the following into the console: player.removeperk 65e3d;player.removeperk 65e3c;player.removeperk 4d89b;player.addperk 4d89b;player.addperk 65e3c;player.addperk 65e3d
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.