The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The Overseer's Guardian is sold as either a short-barreled or long-barreled combat rifle. The type of barrel and legendary prefix are apparently randomly generated. The most seen special characteristic is the Two shot effect, which shoots an additional projectile with each shot. Furthermore, these additional projectiles do not affect the player's ammunition count. It also comes equipped with a short night-vision scope as well as several other mods. The Overseer's Guardian can be purchased from Alexis Combes, after the player gains entry to Vault 81.
The Overseer's Guardian can be modified similarly to a normal combat rifle.
- Combat rifle, the standard version of the gun.
- This gun can be acquired very early in the game and does not have any requirements other than its price. Its double-shot mechanic and high base damage makes it one of the most powerful guns during the entirety of the game, with its ammo being relatively common (.45 round) and its consumption being relatively small in comparison.
- If combined with Rifleman and the .308 Receiver, the Overseer's Guardian excels in medium ranged engagements, almost certainly crippling weaker enemies' limbs in one hit.
- When used as a fully automatic rifle, the weapon is best used as a close-quarters last resort gun, as it can still deal a relatively high amount of damage up close while becoming somewhat outgunned by automatic energy weapons later on.
- In V.A.T.S. or when triggering a critical, two distinct bullets will be seen with a very small amount of spread, like Charon's shotgun in Fallout 3.
- Fully upgraded it can be as heavy as a non-modified minigun.
- ps4 When the receiver is upgraded to the Powerful or Calibrated powerful receiver or the barrel is upgraded to the Long ported barrel the two shot prefix doesn't apply anymore[verification overdue]