| ||For the Fallout Shelter achievement, see Overseer (achievement).|
An overseer is the leader of a Vault-Tec vault. The overseers were often aware of their vaults' purpose as an experiment and helped coordinate it. The overseer's role and extent of his or her authority varied from vault to vault; in one vault an overseer might serve in a purely advisory capacity, while another vault might have an overseer with absolute control of every aspect of its residents' lives.
Dr. Stanislaus Braun distributed sealed orders to each vault's overseer in the weeks before the Great War. According a letter addressed by Dr. Braun to the original overseer of Vault 101, disclosing the contents of those sealed orders to the vault's residents or deviating from the experiment were grounds for termination of employment from Vault-Tec. This presumably held true for the overseers of the other vaults.
List of known overseersEdit
- Albert Leris, overseer of Vault 106.
- Allen Mack, a potential Vault 101 overseer.
- Alphonse Almodovar, overseer of Vault 101 at the beginning of Fallout 3.
- Amata Almodovar, a potential Vault 101 overseer.
- Baht, overseer of Vault 81 by 2277.
- Brody Jones, overseer of Vault 108.
- Calculator, the cybernetic computer and Vault 0's overseer.
- Diana Stone, the Vault 29 ZAX computer overseer.
- George Stault, the last known overseer of Vault 3.
- Gruthar, Vault 13's first deathclaw overseer.
- Gwen McNamara, overseer of Vault 81 by 2287 and Baht's successor.
- Mr. House, unofficial overseer of Vault 21 after winning the vault in a bet.
- Lincoln Davis, preceded George Stault as overseer of Vault 3.
- J. Hendricks, overseer of Vault 22.
- Jacoren, overseer of Vault 13 (first overseer encountered.)
- Katherine Stone, the only known overseer of Vault 11.
- Martin Frobisher, Vault 13's new overseer.
- The Master, the unofficial overseer of the Los Angeles Vault.
- Dr. O. Olivette, overseer of Vault 81 in 2077.
- Puppet Man, the apparent Vault 77 overseer.
- Richard Rubin, overseer of Vault 92.
- The Sole Survivor, a potential Vault 88 overseer.
- Stanislaus Braun, overseer of Vault 112 and director of the program.
- Valery Barstow, the ghoulified overseer of Vault 88.
- Vault 8 overseer, never encountered, replaced by the rank of First Citizen long before Fallout 2 begins.
- Vault 34 overseer, the ghoulified Vault 34 overseer.
- Vault 74 overseer.
- Vault 111 overseer, the first and last overseer of Vault 111, as well as the inventor of the Cryolator.