|Brotherhood Of Steel main quest: Outside the Wire|
|Receive the network scanner holotape.|
|Insert the holotape into the terminal in the Institute relay area.|
|Give back the holotape to Proctor Ingram.|
|Reward: 300+ XP|
|Leads to: Liberty Reprimed|
Access the terminal at the Institute relay area and entrance, insert the network scanner holotape, and remove the data. Then simply continue the rest of the main quest Institutionalized. Return to Proctor Ingram and give her the data.
This holotape may also have been given by, and then handed by the Sole Survivor back over to, another faction -- e.g., to Sturges of the Minutemen as part of Inside Job. If so, then before giving it to Proctor Ingram at Boston Airport, the Sole Survivor may first need to retrieve it by asking for a copy of the holotape while this quest is selected in Pip-Boy. Maxson may remind of the need to complete the turn-in to Proctor Ingram, but he won't remind from whom the player character ought recover it first. Whatever quest path taken, Quinlan will get to work on analyzing the data.
- If Mass Fusion is in progress, the player has the option to warn the Brotherhood. If they do not wish to warn the Brotherhood they cannot complete this mission because conversation choice automatically forces to tell the Brotherhood.
- The player may randomly get attacked after retrieving the holotape. Though this does not carry on to all synths or affect the standing with the Institute should the Sole Survivor join them.
- If you have started the Spoils of War quest and Proctor Ingram is already on the Vertibird, the Sole Survivor will not be able to give her the holotape.
- Having Gage as a companion may cause Proctor Ingram to ask you to follow her after completing this quest, as she is supposed to, but she won't go anywhere. Liberty Reprimed will be started but she will only have non-quest dialogue. If this happens reload a save and dismiss Gage before giving Ingram the holotape. [platforms tag needed] [verification needed]
- Sometimes Proctor Ingram will not do anything after the quest has been completed, and the Liberty Reprimed quest will not start. [platforms tag needed] [verification needed]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.