This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
|Side quest: Out in Left Field|
|Ask Moe Cronin for work at the Diamond City market.|
|(Optional) Negotiate a better reward.|
|Travel to Westing Estate.|
|Find the signed baseball.||Find the signed catcher's mitt.||Find the signed baseball card.|
|Bring your discoveries back to Moe.|
|Reward: 100/125/150/200 caps per collectible item found|
|Reward: 150 XP|
- When the quest is activated, Moe tells you he will pay 100 caps for each of the baseball items; a signed baseball, signed catcher's mitt and signed baseball card. If the Sole Survivor's Charisma is high enough, they can convince Moe to raise the price higher 3 more times raising the amount of caps that can be awarded after completing this quest. Each successive speech check will raise the reward for each item from 100 to 125 to 150 to 200 caps. Though after bargaining for 200 caps through dialogue, Moe will for some reason pay 300 caps per piece, for a whopping 900 total caps (possible bug).
- All of the baseball equipment is located at Westing Estate. Be wary of the leveled mirelurks.
- Strong dislikes taking this quest
- pc Moe Cronin might not take the signed items when you select the dialogue. There are 2 solutions to this bug:
- pc Open the console and input setstage <00035d03> 100 to finish the quest, this will also allow you to drop or sell the signed items.
- Though not necessarily a bug, Moe may not offer this quest if the 2076 World Series baseball bat is in the player's inventory as the needed conversation selection is replaced. The replacement topic is where the player character will attempt to offer the special bat to Moe, instead. Before approaching him in dialog, temporarily give the bat to a companion, or drop it on the ground, initiate the quest dialog or give him the quest items if already acquired, then retrieve the bat and sell that to him for unique dialog.
- After completing this quest, the sole survivor may come back after a few days (specific time not verified) to ask him for the same job. You can also ask for more money to do the job. The glove, baseball and card are able to be found again in their original locations. The quest can be completed again. However, if one chooses to do this, another entry will be entered into the quest tab in the Pip-Boy. [verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.