Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Let me tell you something, that refugee camp? It's built on the blood and tears of my people. Nobody likes to talk about it, but I remember.”
Oscar Velasco is a member of the Khans and has returned to the mountains surrounding the refugee camp at Bitter Springs to exact vengeance against the NCR military for the Bitter Springs Massacre, and the refugees living there. To this end, he has been using his rifle to kill NCR soldiers and even the civilian refugees being cared for. He has also stolen supplies at night, leaving the camp situation at Bitter Springs dangerously untenable for the NCR.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain: Captain Gilles asks the Courier to find the source who is killing her troops and NCR civilians, which is Oscar himself. The Courier has two ways to deal with him: either kill him, or convince him with a speech check of 50 to leave and exact his revenge at Camp McCarran or return to his fellow Khans at Red Rock Canyon.
|Great Khan soldier armor
Great Khan spike helmet
|40mm grenades x3
Purified water x2
Great Khans supply cache key
- When speaking to Oscar in the cave above Bitter Springs, his voice actor does not pause in between sentences occasionally, as if the voice actor was being rushed.
- Hiding then stealth killing him results in no loss of reputation with the Great Khans and also results in good Karma.
- Allowing a companion to kill him when he is made hostile through speech, or if automatically hostile on entering, results in no Reputation loss or Karma gain.
- If convinced to return to Red Rock Canyon, he may become a liability if Boone is in the Courier's party, as he remains hostile to First Recon snipers and will turn all other nearby Khans hostile.
- If he is convinced to return to Red Rock Canyon, one may run into him afterwards while he's attacking the NCR Sharecropper Farms. He cannot be engaged in conversation
- Oscar appears to have unique facial hair: a muttonstache top with a bar brawler bottom.
- While wandering, he may walk through Camp Golf, only to be killed by nearby NCR Ranger Veterans there.
- The Courier can convince him to attack Camp McCarran with a small Karma loss.
- Oscar is one of the few named non-player characters in the game to be affected by the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- He is the only Great Khan that has "Evil" Karma.
- After the Courier kills Oscar, if they have Boone as a companion, he will say "Great Khan looks like. Guess he fought at Bitter Springs. Or saw it happen".
- If you have Boone as a companion, Velasco will say "Die NCR filth!" and instantly attack due to Boone's association with 1st Recon.
Oscar Velasco appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.