...But with everyone needed to help defend against the Enclave, we have no one to send on a recovery mission. So I'm going to have you travel to the Olney Powerworks to secure some tech for us.”— Paladin Tristan
- 12 alien power cells in 3 separate locations: the stove, the table next to the stove and the table with the glowing plasma ball in the room at the bottom of the pit where the Tesla coil is found.
- Around 8 alien power cells can be found in 2 ammunition boxes in small room past the Tesla coil (upstairs), next to two Mark IV turrets. There are considerably more alien power cells (around 45) with the Scrounger perk.
- The door that requires a key and has a nearby locked terminal (requires a Science skill of 100) is merely part of a shortcut through the building. It does not contain any loot.
- Next to the Mark VI turrets with the ammunition boxes containing the power cells, are tiny alien spaceship playground models with arrows on the side of their stands pointing upward.
- There are 36 Metro tickets stacked in a pyramid with an eight ball on top located in the lower right portion of the map.
- In the bottom center of the map, past a corridor, a garden gnome and a teddy bear have been posed playing chess with milk bottles and beers as chess pieces. The gnome has a cigarette in its mouth, and a micro-sized "smoke" graphic is placed at the end.
- A second smoking gnome can be found in the room with the fail-safe computer.
- A series of hard-difficulty terminals can be used to disable the sentry bots found throughout the building and also to vent radiation from a contaminated corridor.
- Strangely, after using the aforementioned terminals to turn a pair of turrets non-hostile, your followers may consider them still to be hostile and attack them.
- The emergency exit ladder near the Tesla coil leads to a manhole just north of Old Olney and northeast of Vault 92. Examining the outside of the manhole before having exited through it will show "Requires Key", but it will become automatically unlocked once the player exits from the Olney Powerworks side of it.
pc If you destroy the sentry bots before shutting them down with the terminals, then use the terminal to shut them down (after them already being disabled), they'll have the "Talk" option instead of the "Search" option. Shooting them once or striking them with any weapon will give you XP as if you killed them again. [verified]