Nuclear waste disposal. Pre-War, people figured there was so much desert in Nevada, you might as well turn it into a big dumping ground.”— Arcade Gannon
Although the site is mostly fenced off and inaccessible, the nuclear test shack in the compound can be entered. On a nearby hill to the northwest is a sandbagged observation area with chairs and five pairs of authority glasses.
- The two rescued Powder Gangers from the quest Booted will travel here and come to a stop at the area just in front of the nuclear test shack, where they will most likely be killed by the many high-level feral ghouls. If the ghouls are cleared out beforehand, the two prisoners will stand around in the area until the ghouls respawn.
- The center of radiation is not the crater, but is located closer to the shack, and tops to around 9 rads a second near the shack's door.
- Arcade Gannon will have some comments about the site when first brought to the area.
- Arcade's comments about the area claim that the test site was a nuclear waste dumping ground, which means that either Arcade's source of information was incorrect, or the test site was a dumping ground before nuclear bombs were tested here.
The old nuclear test site appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ↑ Nuclear waste disposal. Pre-War, people figured there was so much desert in Nevada, you might as well turn it into a big dumping ground. - VFSArcadeGannon.txt