Old World Gourmet
Thanks to unclean living you've learned the secrets of the lounge lizards! +25% Addiction Resistance. +50% Health bonus from Snack Foods. Scotch, vodka and wine now give you Health in addition to their normal effects.”
The Old World Gourmet perk provides three main effects.
First, the perk increases the amount of health given by the various types of so-called "Snack Food" by 50%. This increase is done by modifying the duration of health restoration; for example, the health restoration effect of junk food is changed from +1(5s) HP (1 hit point-per-second for 5 seconds) to +1(7s) HP (1 hit point-per-second for 7 seconds).
Second, the perk adds a health restoration effect to wine, vodka, and Scotch, as well as the Scotch variants irradiated Scotch and Jake Juice. The effect is the same for all: +2(10s) HP (2 hit points-per-second for 10 seconds).
Finally, the perk modifies the player's chance of addiction, reducing it by 25%. This is a multiplicative change, meaning that (for example) items which normally have an addiction chance of 10% will instead have an addiction chance of 7.5%. This change applies to all sources of addiction, even those items not otherwise affected by this perk.
This perk modifies the amount of health given by the following items:
- Snack Food (additional 50% health)
- BlamCo Mac & Cheese
- Dandy Boy Apples
- Fancy Lads Snack Cakes
- Junk food
- Pork n' Beans
- Potato Crisps
- Salisbury Steak
- Sugar Bombs
- YumYum Deviled Eggs
- Alcohol (adds 2(10s) health restoration)
- The 50% health increase for snack foods is rounded down to the nearest whole number, meaning that for most snack foods the actual health increase is 40%. The only exception is for (Irradiated) Sugar Bombs, which round up, providing a 57% increase in health restoration.
- This perk synergizes well with Whiskey Rose, Chem Resistant, Chemist and Day Tripper.
- Less useful if the player opts for Logan's Loophole. Old World Blues (add-on)
- The perk picture contains the Vault Boy sitting at a table piled with alcohol and pre-War foods. Some distinguishable ones are Scotch, Vodka, Wine, Potato Crisps, and Fancy Lads Snack Cakes. There is 1 additional box of food and 1 bottle of alcohol that cannot be identified as any specific in-game item.
- The healing granted by alcohol is improved by a higher Survival skill.
- The mention of "unclean living" is a reference to the perk of the same name that Dean Domino gives you. In general, the perk is meant to help a player survive the Sierra Madre by living off of junk food and alcohol if stimpaks are unavailable, though it has other uses.