Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nuclear waste disposal. Pre-War, people figured there was so much desert in Nevada, you might as well turn it into a big dumping ground.”— Arcade Gannon
Although the site is mostly fenced off and inaccessible, the nuclear test shack in the compound can be entered. On a nearby hill to the northwest is a sandbagged observation area with chairs and five pairs of authority glasses.
- The two rescued Powder Gangers from the quest Booted will travel here and come to a stop at the area just in front of the nuclear test shack, where they will most likely be killed by the many high-level feral ghouls. If the ghouls are cleared out beforehand, the two prisoners will stand around in the area until the ghouls respawn.
- The center of radiation is not the crater, but is located closer to the shack, and tops to around 9 rads a second near the shack's door.
- Arcade Gannon will have some comments about the site when first brought to the area.
- Arcade's comments about the area claim that the test site was a nuclear waste dumping ground, which means that either Arcade's source of information was incorrect, or the test site was a dumping ground before nuclear bombs were tested here.
The old nuclear test site appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The test site is a location based on the real world Nevada Test Site which was established in 1951 approximately 65 miles Northwest of Las Vegas. On the 1360 square mile testing site there were 100 atomic tests that could be felt and seen from the hotel balconies in the city, creating another tourist attraction in the process.
- ↑ Nuclear waste disposal. Pre-War, people figured there was so much desert in Nevada, you might as well turn it into a big dumping ground. - VFSArcadeGannon.txt