Old Mormon Fort
The Old Mormon Fort is the headquarters of the Followers of the Apocalypse in the Mojave Wasteland, located just inside Freeside's North Gate. It is noted for being the oldest building in the Mojave Wasteland.
The Old Mormon fort is the oldest building in New Vegas and was recently occupied by the Followers of the Apocalypse.”— Loading screen
The first settlers, Mormon missionaries, arrived on June 14, 1855. They selected a site along one of the creeks that flowed from the Las Vegas springs, on which they would build the fort. The fort served as the midpoint on the trail from Salt Lake City, Utah and Los Angeles, California.
The Old Mormon Fort consists of a courtyard filled with tents and non-player characters. There are two sections within the walls of the fort, one in the western and another in the eastern corner of the courtyard:
Upon entering, there are two Followers guards behind a sandbag wall in front of a flagpole flying the Followers of the Apocalypse flag. There are six tents in total within the courtyard:
- The one in the western corner of the fort contains four beds and a chair. Three of the beds are occupied by Wayne, Farris, and Roy.
- The southwestern tent contains two bunk beds, two empty shelves, two chairs, and a table. Arcade Gannon is usually found within this tent. If he is not there, he can likely be found in the courtyard.
- The tent in the southern corner contains five oil drums and two large wooden crates.
- The tent in the eastern corner has three bunk beds, one round table, two chairs, an empty shelf, and one table. There are two gamblers found sleeping in this tent, and sometimes various non-player characters will sleep in the remaining bed. There is also a Followers Doctor outside of this tent.
- The northeastern tent contains two bunk beds, two empty shelves, two chairs, and a table.
- The southeastern tent contains three bunk beds, one round table, two chairs, an empty shelf, and one table. Followers guards will sleep in the beds of this tent, and a Follower's doctor can be found within this tent as well.
This guardhouse is directly to your right as you enter the fort. When you enter the guardhouse, there will be a small medical area directly in front of you with nothing of note besides a filing cabinet with one bottle cap inside. To your left are the stairs leading up into a bedroom. On top of the bookshelf is the Old Mormon Fort snow globe. There is also a Today's Physician magazine on top of the desk, which is considered owned and must be stolen.
This guardhouse serves only as storage for the Followers, as evident by the abundance of wooden crates. The only items you can take are the tin cans on the second floor.
- ¹ After being released from Cottonwood Cove
- The Snow globe - Mormon Fort can be found on the bookshelf upstairs in the western guardhouse.
- While inside the Old Mormon Fort, the classic Fallout menu music will play, though it can be very hard to hear.
- This is the only location to get a Followers lab coat, given by Julie Farkas when you achieve idolized status and join the Followers of the Apocalypse. It is the only +10 Science, or +10 Medicine clothing in the game other than coats with +10, or +15 Science in the DLC Old World Blues.
The Old Mormon Fort appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Old Mormon Fort is a real building in present-day Las Vegas. In fact, it is the first structure built by European immigrants in Las Vegas. Constructed in 1855 by Mormon settlers of European descent, it would shape the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, 50 years later.