They called me the Flag-Bearer. Glory in my hand, in my staff that still bore the weight of the Old World just as the symbol on my back did.”— Ulysses
Old Glory is the signature weapon of Ulysses. It is a maple staff capped with a golden eagle.
It is possible to execute Grand Slam outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
Old Glory can successfully strike about 1245 times from full condition before breaking.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Old Glory fnvlr||45||85.3||1.89||x1.5||80||22||4.1||1245||8||2500||312.5||50||7|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Old Glory can be found on the body of Ulysses, if the player chooses to fight him.
- It appears in Ulysses' footlocker upon the completion of Lonesome Road.
- Old Glory was originally to be a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas, then named the "Eagle Pole". It was cut from the base version of the game as a usable item, but its visual resources remained intact.
- The 3 of Clubs in the Fallout: New Vegas collector's edition card deck depicts Ulysses holding what appears to be a flag pole.
- It is possible to get two copies of the weapon; if you finish The End with Ulysses still alive he will be sitting on a rock ledge, over looking the The Divide after you return back from the Mojave Wasteland. Alternatively you can just kill Ulysses before completing The End/The Apocalypse, take it from Ulysses' corpse and another one will be in the footlocker waiting for you.
- Ulysses uses a unique non-player character only version of this weapon, which cannot be disarmed from him or looted from his corpse. There are 4 different versions, depending on the player's level (increasing in power at player levels 25, 35, and 45) making it the only weapon in the game that is scaled to the players level. Each also has a 10% chance to knock the player down (except against Stonewall).
Behind the scenes
- The name "Old Glory" is a nickname of the flag of the United States of America.
- The idea of carrying a gold or silver pole with an eagle on top dates back to the Legions of the Roman Republic in which each legion had two "Eagles" which were to never be captured. They symbolized the courage of the members of the legion. Since Ulysses was/is a member of the Legion, he may have been an eagle bearer, showing Caesar's insistence on imitating Rome.
- Ulysses' dialogue in Lonesome Road indicates his eagle staff is an Old World symbol.