Entering on the first floor, there are rows of bookshelves within a single-room store. There is a sitting/reading area in the back of the store, near where the second floor has collapsed onto the first. Near the entrance is the check-out counter. There is a lootable cash register, and an enamel bucket with Nuka-Cola Quantum inside.
Judging by the rubble from the second floor, there may have been computers on the top floor. However, all that remains currently is a lectern with folding chairs around it, and a sitting area with a first-aid container with aid items. There is a skeleton with a burnt text book in the sitting area, on the ground. It is mostly empty on the second floor, other than this.
The Old Corner Bookstore was originally built as an apothecary after the devastating Great Fire of 1711. Originally the land belonged to Anne Hutchinson, the controversial puritan who was excommunicated and banished from Massachusetts for her "heretical" beliefs and sermons. During the mid-nineteenth century, the Old Corner Bookstore was the home of the leading American publisher Ticknor and Fields. They published the works of such luminaries as Charles Dickens, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Harriet Beecher Stowe, and Henry Dave Thoreau. Many of those were frequent visitors to the site.”
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In an enamel bucket by the front counter.
- Racetrack advertisement - Note on the top of the front counter.
- Help wanted! - Note in one of the cubbyholes in the front counter.
A seal outside marks the Old Corner bookstore as one of the stops on the Freedom Trail. It is stop 5, and has the code "3: I"
The Old Corner bookstore only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The building is based on the real-world Boston landmark, the Old Corner Bookstore, which was originally built in 1712 and converted into a bookstore in 1829.
- While the Old Corner bookstore in the Fallout universe remains a bookstore, in present day Boston, the building houses a Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- In reality, the Old Corner bookstore is south of the Old State House, and on the opposite side of the street; while in the game, they are on the same side of the street, and the Old State House is south of the Old Corner bookstore.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|