| || For an overview of hunting rifle models in all games, see hunting rifle.|
For the weapon found in Fallout Shelter, see Ol' Painless (Fallout Shelter).
Ol' Painless does slightly more damage per shot, has a faster rate of fire and reloads faster than the regular hunting rifle, and also has a good durability and can be repaired with ordinary hunting rifles. Since it is repaired with hunting rifles, it is easy to maintain due to its commonality. Ol' Painless is one of the few weapons with 0 spread, meaning with a 100 Small Guns skill, non-V.A.T.S. shots go exactly where you aim them.
Ol' Painless can fire a total of about 556 rounds, the equivalent of 112 reloads, from full condition before breaking, roughly 111 shots less than the regular hunting rifle.
- Hunting rifle
- Lincoln's repeater - While technically a lever-action rifle that uses .44 magnum rounds, Lincoln's repeater is only repairable with hunting rifles. It's very powerful and very accurate.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Lever-action rifle fo3pl||40||30||0.75||x5||40||30||1.3||0.25||10||250||8||200||25|
|Backwater rifle fo3pl||45||33.8||0.75||x5||45||30||1.5||0.25||10||519||7||250||35.7|
Even though Dave claims he lost his hunting rifle stalking mirelurks, Ol' Painless is located in his safe right next to his chair. Dave's special key is required to open the safe. You can pickpocket Dave to find the key, you can complete the Election Day unmarked quest to get it, or you can get it through dialogue options and Speech checks if you are doing the quest "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head". You can also kill him to get it, but everyone in the building will turn hostile. If you turn him hostile through dialogue you won't lose Karma. Taking the rifle will cost you Karma in any event, residents will see it as stealing even if they gave you the key.
- ps3 xbox360 Even when given permission to raid Dave's safe, it will still be marked "red" as private property. Therefore, if you drop Ol' Painless and move the cross hair over it, the cross hair is red and "steal" is shown. Non-player characters will not turn hostile and you will not lose Karma when you pick it up. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Be careful storing this weapon because any unowned item may disappear from your storage. [verified]
- ps3 If Pronto, Smiling Jack, Knick Knack, or Moira catch you pickpocketing them, they will take Ol' Painless like any stolen items, and will then have it for sale in their store. To avoid, just "fence" the item by selling it and then buying it back. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Sometimes Ol' Painless will just disappear from your inventory even if you have it equipped. This happens when exiting buildings,Fast traveling etc. It could happen in in-game day, weeks or immediately once you leave the building. [verified]
| || |