Obsidian Entertainment, founded in 2003 after the dissolution of Interplay Entertainment's Black Isle Studios, is a video game developer for PC and console systems. Obsidian continues to operate under management by its founding officers: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, and Chris Jones. In July 2005 they hired Joshua Sawyer of Icewind Dale fame. Several of the developers at Obsidian worked on Fallout, Fallout 2 and Van Buren (the canceled Fallout 3 project).
Obsidian's first office was in Fergus Urquhart's attic before moving to an office park not too far away.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (released for Xbox in 2004 and for PC in 2005)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (released for PC in 2006)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (released for PC in 2007)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (released for PC in 2008)
- Alpha Protocol (May 28, 2010)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Oct 19, 2010)
- Dungeon Siege III (Jun 21, 2011)
- Wheel of Time (co-developers; cancelled)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (2014)
- Pillars of Eternity (2015)
- Pathfinder Adventures (2016)
- Tyranny (2016)
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (2018)
|The contents of this page were partially or entirely copied from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and are therefore licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. The original version, its history and authors can be found at the Wikipedia page "Obsidian Entertainment".|