This settlement has one permanent building: a railway check station at the center. Its small size and confined space makes it ideal for a vertical settlement. It has a small farm area with tato plants, cooking station, and two settlers when it is first discovered. Oberland is often attacked by raiders and super mutants in early stages but with enough defenses it can become virtually maintenance free as well as provide a lot of salvage from working settlers.
- One of the settlers may recognize Nick Valentine and chat with him if Nick is brought to this location by the Sole Survivor.
- Just a few yards East of Oberland Station is where the alien ship crash takes place after the player reaches level 20 or so.
- The two native female settlers are sisters.
The Oberland station only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Oberland station's location would place it roughly within the real world Boston suburbs of Newton. Its name may be derived from Newton Highlands, one of the stops on the public rail service of Boston.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- pc Neither settler will engage in conversation to start the quest line to make the settlement habitable for the Sole Survivor. Plus, the Minutemen will ignore this settlement for reoccurring missions. To solve this, kill the settlers and use the workshop. [verification overdue]
- xboxone Settlers assigned to trading posts can not be interacted with during store hours. Initiating conversation with them will only cause them to say common lines of dialog. [verification overdue]
- ps4 A notification about an attack may be given and after fast-traveling the attacker turns out to be a synth settler. When the synth settler is killed, be it by the player, a companion, or a settler, control of the settlement is immediately lost. [verification overdue]