| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola include: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it a unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vita-minerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the recipe was changed.
Nuka-Cola Quartz is a flavor of Nuka-Cola. In a similar sort of situation to Nuka-Cola Quantum. It is a clear drink with a white tint and glow. This version of the soft drink also gives the drinker low-light vision, much like the effects given after taking Cateye. The Nuka-Cola Corporation had a trademark battle with Vim! Pop Incorporated over the "Quartz" trademark, since Vim was also selling a drink known as Vim Quartz. Nuka-Cola won the battle.
Nuka-Cola Quartz is unique in that it has a white coloration. It provides low-light vision similar to Cateye, gives more health than a regular Nuka-Cola, and temporarily increases Damage Threshold. However, it contains much higher radiation than its regular counterpart and is much harder to find.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+2 DT , +3 Hit Point for 20s||+12 Dehydration , -18 Sleep|
|20||+2 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+14 Dehydration , -21 Sleep|
|30||+3 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+16 Dehydration , -24 Sleep|
|40||+3 DT , +5 Hit Point for 20s||+18 Dehydration , -27 Sleep|
|50||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+20 Dehydration , -30 Sleep|
|60||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+22 Dehydration , -33 Sleep|
|70||+4 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+24 Dehydration , -36 Sleep|
|80||+5 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+26 Dehydration , -39 Sleep|
|90||+5 DT , +8 Hit Point for 20s||+28 Dehydration , -42 Sleep|
|100||+6 DT , +9 Hit Point for 20s||+30 Dehydration , -45 Sleep|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player.
Nuka Chemist perk
Nuka-Cola Quartz (1)
Though rare like Nuka-Cola Victory, it glows bright white with a hint of blue. It's hard to miss in low light conditions.
|Closest map marker||Quantity||Description|
|Vault 3||1||In a storeroom inside the billiard room, on your right position. Lockpick skill of 25 required.|
|Boulder City||3||In the storage shelves behind the counter in the Big Horn Saloon. May be bought or stolen.|
|Camp Golf||5||In the House Resort. Upon entering, take a right, then a left into the kitchen. They will be on a shelf. They must be stolen.|
|Mojave Outpost||3||On a shelf behind Lacey. They must be stolen.|
|Poseidon Gas Station||1||South of the gas station, is Violet's trailer fort. It is in a crate on a shelf on top of the fort.|
|REPCONN headquarters||2||In the gift shop, in the back room, next to two Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|The Tops||5||In the kitchen of the Tops restaurant.|
|Zapp's Neon Signs||2||Upstairs in the office.|
|Higgs Village Old World Blues (add-on)||1||In a rocket play set behind House#103.|
|X-7b "Boom Town" target zone Old World Blues (add-on)||1||Just north of the Target Zone, in a demolished house, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|X-13 research facility Old World Blues (add-on)||1||On the 1st floor underneath a Chemistry set, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|Hopeville missile silo bunker Lonesome Road (add-on)||1||Next to the Maintenance Bot Control terminal|
- For some reason, when the player consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the sound is that of crunching instead of drinking. The player will also not get a bottle cap unlike from the regular Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles. The same happens with Nuka-Cola Victory. When picking up a Nuka-Cola Quartz, it also makes a normal sound, unlike the regular Nuka-Cola which sounds like a drink.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is one of the only three consumables in the game which temporarily increase Damage Threshold, the others being whiskey when Cass is your companion (providing the Whiskey Rose perk) and datura hide from the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is a required component of the Nuka-Grenade added with the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal.
- Be careful when giving this to companions, or putting it in fridges in your home, because if they drink it you will get the low-light vision effect.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.
- pc xbox360 If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the player may receive the light blue overlay as if the player consumed the Nuka-Cola. [verified]
- xbox360 If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, and the player receives the light blue overlay, indoors and the player leaves the building, rather than a light blue overlay, the world will be in black and white, but the HUD will remain its normal color. [verified]
- xbox360 If put into your vending machine at the Lucky 38, followers left at the Presidential Suite will go to the machine and will drink the Quartz from the machine. The light blue overlay will appear when a follower drinks a Quartz. Will sometimes happen when player is away from Presidential Suite, but mostly occurs when player is in Presidential Suite for a certain length of time. Note: Moving Quartz to another container will not stop them from drinking it. It must be moved outside the Presidential Suite or be on the player at all times. [verified]